Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TESLA OAKVILLE SCRATCHED ALL MY RIMS DURING SERVICE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys
just wanted to mention Tesla Oakville scratched all 4 rims during alignment and simply they did not admit!?
my car is one month old.
after too many phone calls and headaches finally they said they will repair 2 of them and i have to pay for other 2 which i did not not accept.
im gonna talk to my lawyer to see if i can put a lawsuit.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 153
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 122
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 106
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    237.3 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Reactions: dyau
...and ALL manufacturers have inconsistent alignment from the factory. Going straight down the road isn't the only way to evaluate alignment.

Odd that they'd accept responsibility for only 2 of the wheels. Are the wheels actually gouged or only scuffed? The photos show scuffing that might rub out with a little polishing compound., followed by a sharpie marking. If they're seriously gouged, the solution is more complex.

I agree that this sort of stuff shouldn't happen, but I'd be hesitant to bring in a lawyer.

Reactions: GreenT
steering wheel was not center.
In fact I checked the alignment when my car was basically new (600 miles) to have the original factory angles values as reference.

All the angles very in the range except the four toes angles who were a little bit out of range.

A positive toe angle value can improve handling in a curving road, but increase worn out on a straight line on highway.

I am more interested getting a higher mileage, so adjusting the toe should prevent uneven tire wear.

This thread reminds me to quickly take pics of all four rims before taking it into service. Did that on a previous car before getting new tires at Costco and yep Costco scratched three out of four of the rims. The "before" pics were worth it as Costco cut me a check for the damage.

• Helpful
Reactions: hellobye
This thread reminds me to quickly take pics of all four rims before taking it into service. Did that on a previous car before getting new tires at Costco and yep Costco scratched three out of four of the rims. The "before" pics were worth it as Costco cut me a check for the damage.
Smart
This thread reminds me to quickly take pics of all four rims before taking it into service. Did that on a previous car before getting new tires at Costco and yep Costco scratched three out of four of the rims. The "before" pics were worth it as Costco cut me a check for the da

You did right thing

I had the same experience ay a body shop.

There was a big scratch near one of the bolts of one wheel.
The store manager told me that it was a gravel that must be at the origin of the scratch and this would not be covered.

Having the picture of the wheels taken in front of the shop help me to prove responsibility to the shop.
In fact the type of scratch is characteristic of an an impact tool slipping away from a bolt an hitting the rim.

The repair costs $200 and was handled by the body shop.

Reactions: Schwma
Count yourself lucky it's only 4 wheels. At least you aren't looking at having to replace your hood. My car was f'ed badly. Scratched paint, dinged door to name a few things and a bent hood that they are trying to blame on a perfectly working frunk opener and all on a car that was less than a month old. I'm not trying to be unsympathetic, just letting you know how much worse it could be. And yes, I will be taking them to court for the hood. I wouldn't trust the current service center to peel a banana.

Reactions: FlatSix911
im just worry if this is how Tesla treat the customers , down the road after couple yesars if something happen to batteries how they wanna support us?!
Depends on if you are under warranty for whatever you are worried about.

If something breaks down, do a quick photoshoot of your entire car interior/exterior wheels, doors, windows etc. Then call to schedule a service appointment... and do the same pictures prior to handing over.

1. Heres how it looked when it broke.
2. Heres how it looked before giving it to them.
3. Heres how it looked prior to driving away after it has been "fixed"

Make backups.

Reactions: Hammerhead786
Depends on if you are under warranty for whatever you are worried about.

If something breaks down, do a quick photoshoot of your entire car interior/exterior wheels, doors, windows etc. Then call to schedule a service appointment... and do the same pictures prior to handing over.

1. Heres how it looked when it broke.
2. Heres how it looked before giving it to them.
3. Heres how it looked prior to driving away after it has been "fixed"

Make backups.
I made service appointment and they canceled it without any explanation