Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla OEM 21" Pilot Sport 4S Tire Designations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Hayseed_MS

Spreader of "Endless Non Sequitur"
Jan 19, 2021
Strong Badia
I have had 5 flats in the last 34k miles on my refresh Model S - all nail/screw punctures and no pothole pinches. Have had them replaced at Tesla SC.

The ones taken off and replaced state "T1" markings on the sides. Was looking at Tire rack and their ones are "T2" marked (Tirerack PS4S).

My understanding is that the T1 have the acoustic foam. What is the difference in the T1 and T2 tires?

I have had 5 flats in the last 34k miles on my refresh Model S - all nail/screw punctures and no pothole pinches. Have had them replaced at Tesla SC.

The ones taken off and replaced state "T1" markings on the sides. Was looking at Tire rack and their ones are "T2" marked (Tirerack PS4S).

My understanding is that the T1 have the acoustic foam. What is the difference in the T1 and T2 tires?
$433.99 per tire? OUCH
Have U check at Costco tire center if U are a member

While Tirerack stated I could not use T2 since my car came with T1, I spoke to the SC tech. He said I can use T2 on my car. He stated the difference is the T2 have the bluetooth chip for track use. There is an app so you can monitor the tires from your phone.