Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla OEM All Weather Mats vs Weathertech Mats for 2023 MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OEM Mats are made by Weathertech, if you live in a winter climate I'd suggest the Tuxmat, I bought the OEM and Tuxmat and another set from Amazon, ended up keeping the Tuxmat as the edges go way up and it protects the carpets better.
With Tuxmats, accessing the sub trunks can be done but it is a hassle. Tuxmats' best attribute is their extensive coverage but it does make it more challenging to access the sub trunks plus in my instance, poor fitment causes the hatch to not close at times.
Just wanted to make sure I cosign the Tuxmats....I don't live in a winter climate, but I have kids (much more damaging than any climate). These things are the absolute best.
I do not have the Tuxmat cargo mats as for some reason they do not supply more coverage like their front and rear mats do. I have these Taptes Mats which do a really go job of covering a large amount of the cargo area and protect the seats without losing functionality.

I am looking for all weather mats for our newly acquired 2023 Model Y. The Tesla branded mats go for $225 and I am reading tidbits on this site the OEM mats are made by Weathertech. And Weathertech is also selling all season mats for $199.

Question is which ones are better? Do they look and feel the same or is there a difference?
If you are prefer to all weather floor mats, you can also consider the 3D Tesla floor mats from Tesery.

These Tesla 3D floor mats with innovative hybrid materials have more advantages than the original car mats. Thermoplastic rubber TPR surface is wear-resistant and scratch resistant, providing waterproof protection; The lightweight XPE foam middle layer absorbs vibration, reduces road noise and improves passenger comfort; The high-quality rice grain anti-skid claw firmly grasps the Tesla Model Y/3 floor to prevent the mat from sliding and ensure safety.

Their raised side walls provide seamless protection and effectively prevent dust from entering Tesla carpet. They can prevent the penetration of dust, mud, liquid and snow, and keep Tesla floor clean all year round.

The WT mats (Floor Liners) are the same as the Tesla for front and 2nd row, but are less expensive than the Tesla. I drove down to Bolingbrook a month ago to pick that set up. They fit perfectly, though I wish the dead pedal side was a bit longer, meaning it would reach farther towards the front. But it is quite workable. Very happy with them and compared with the stock pieces of carpet that came with the Y -- it is a night and day difference.

Now, if one is considering adding to the collection with the frunk mat, the lower trunk mat and the back cargo liner, then the Tesla set of those is less expensive. I would bet, but I don't have evidence, that the Tesla set of those three are also manufactured by WeatherTech.