Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla OEM All Weather Mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone heard an update from Tesla or Weathertech regarding true all weather mats similar to those sold for the Model X and S? I understand there are other manufacturers producing this type of mat, but I prefer Tesla mats that match the Trunk and Frunk.

Mats with the lip is what I was referring to - they are used in almost every vehicle in areas with inclement weather. Weathertech and Tesla (for all other models) refer to this style of mat as "all weather".
Model X All Weather Interior Mats
Model S All-Weather Interior Set

I am not a fan of the existing style of mat because it fails to cover the area where a driver puts his or her left foot and contain the amount of water held in the grooves of a pair of boots.

I called Weathertech about 45 days ago and was told they were in development and 3-4 weeks out. I called again after 5 weeks and was told the computer system says they should be ready but inventory had not arrived. I have a feeling Tesla will release the same mats around the same time as Weathertech considering they are identical with the exception of logos.

I purchased the M3 floor mats for the main cabin, front and trunk when ordering the car.

All floormats look fantastic, and they have Model 3 labeling throughout. The only small gripe I have is the trunk doesn't include a smaller mat for the space underneath the floorboard.

The mats look great but I do agree that I dislike that it doesn’t take into account where you place your left foot. The dead pedal isn’t covered at all and if it snows it can drip down and soak the carpet which defeats the whole purpose.

I got the Tesla OEM. I don't need a heavy duty lipped mat and found the visual appearance of the popular heavy duty ones to look a bit funny to me (3DMax, Tuxmat, etc).

The OEM mats were extremely well priced and they look sharp. They're super easy to clean and since I barely drive this car in the rain, they're perfect. I highly recommend them for people who are just looking for great looking mats, and of course because they're OEM, they say Tesla which is a nice touch.

I got the Tesla OEM. I don't need a heavy duty lipped mat and found the visual appearance of the popular heavy duty ones to look a bit funny to me (3DMax, Tuxmat, etc).

The OEM mats were extremely well priced and they look sharp. They're super easy to clean and since I barely drive this car in the rain, they're perfect. I highly recommend them for people who are just looking for great looking mats, and of course because they're OEM, they say Tesla which is a nice touch.
I wish I could say I never drive in rain - currently preparing for a road trip through 8-12" of snow and complimentary salt. More coverage is necessary around here :)

PS Tesla OEM mats are manufactured by Weathertech. I assumed that heavy duty mats with the Tesla Logo will be available as soon as they are from Weathertech - similar to what's found in the Tesla shop for Model S and X.

Pros of Tesla OEM
  • It is made from one of the best floor mat material – thermoplastic elastomer.
  • It can be easily installed, maintained, removed and replaced.
  • Retention patches are being added to front mats
  • Increased wall heights to aid floor protection
Cons of Tesla OEM
  • The thermoplastic elastomer that Tesla OEM is made off makes it quite stuffy during the heat period
  • It prevents spills and sorts, but when they happen, it produces such an offensive odor.
  • It is not friendly with climatic.
  • Price is relatively high too.