Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla OEM Model Y Cargo Cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it's the same as the China cover, no thanks. You can buy and aftermarket retractable cover that is much more user-friendly.

I think the cover is not an option (please correct me if I'm wrong). And if it does come with all Y's, then fine. Might be useful. Also, I hope the cover is easily removable so customers can install a 3rd party cover with more funtionality.

If it's the same as the China cover, no thanks. You can buy and aftermarket retractable cover that is much more user-friendly.
You mean the ones held on by double sided tape? The ones where you need to be careful when using it so you don't scratch the sides of your Y?
I have the folding type in my S and it hides whatever you have in the trunk. If you have something larger you can fold it in half, or remove it completely. If you remove it, you can place it flat in the trunk and put whatever you need to on top. A lot sturdier than the aftermarket cargo covers. If the Y came with a retractable cover great, but the non-retractable works just fine.

I think the cover is not an option (please correct me if I'm wrong). And if it does come with all Y's, then fine. Might be useful. Also, I hope the cover is easily removable so customers can install a 3rd party cover with more funtionality.
It's a cargo cover, it's one and only purpose is to hide what is in your trunk. What other functionality would you like from a cargo cover? The 3rd party ones are retractable. The OEM cargo covers Tesla current supplies can be removed and placed inside the trunk flat. So really what is the difference?

Reactions: JDEWD250 and RyanS
I bought an after-market cargo cover for my Y. Fit and finish not good and rattled. The OEM one in my Model S was hinged, worked well. I do think they help with road noise reduction. Would definitely buy one if it fits well and is functional, like in the Model S.

Reactions: Kairide