Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla OEM Mud flaps for refresh S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been driving in "Safety Score mode" which means sub speed limit, corner like I am on ice and stopping like a Prius... and mine still scrape. Ugh... So hard cornering or not, they are going to scrape. Disappointing for a product that is Tesla approved and super easy to install.

TBH, I don’t mind the scraping. Annoying? Sure, but so is cleaning up all the kicked up debris without mudflaps. Ultimately, it’s going to be up to each individual owner to decide whether they can live with the scraping annoyance.

Right except they literally rip themselves out of the fender liner and rocker panel. Both of which are incredible expensive parts with unknown availability

Reactions: kazamm and bhzmark
I've had my Tesla mud-flaps on for 2 weeks driving on low settings and have had only 1 or 2 minor scrapes that I can remember - nothing that caused any concern. The material is soft for a reason and provides excellent protection for the vehicle. I have no regrets about using these flaps. The car has a great feature for your usual routes to remember where suspension needs to be raised so this is really a non-issue. Completely overblown.

I've had my Tesla mud-flaps on for 2 weeks driving on low settings and have had only 1 or 2 minor scrapes that I can remember - nothing that caused any concern. The material is soft for a reason and provides excellent protection for the vehicle. I have no regrets about using these flaps. The car has a great feature for your usual routes to remember where suspension needs to be raised so this is really a non-issue. Completely overblown.
Similar experience here was well.

Reactions: deadwynter

They must have changed the design

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
Nope, bought these the same day they became available.

See attached. This is after cutting 1" off the bottom and about 1000 miles of driving. It's a normal or even smallish speed bump. Either there is a different design flap or there is something different about your S.

Attachments

• IMG_6455 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_6455 - Copy.jpg
    642 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_6456 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_6456 - Copy.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_6562.jpg
    IMG_6562.jpg
    849.1 KB · Views: 88
  • Informative
Reactions: kazamm and WilliamG
I have them on my 22 MSLR in MEDIUM height setting and they still scrape on every speed bump, drive way entrance, etc. Not causing any damage but the sound during each scrape is concerning. I may cut off an inch or so also.

Reactions: jm404
See attached. This is after cutting 1" off the bottom and about 1000 miles of driving. It's a normal or even smallish speed bump. Either there is a different design flap or there is something different about your S.
I guess if I were going over speed bumps I would flick open the control panel quickly and press the "raise suspension" icon. Problem solved. Car will remember location too. Not sure what is expected of Tesla when the car has several height settings. I am thankful they put out mudflaps for the vehicle vs. continue to batter the hell out of the paint with rocks, sand, and salt.

• Disagree
Reactions: kazamm and jebinc
I guess if I were going over speed bumps I would flick open the control panel quickly and press the "raise suspension" icon. Problem solved. Car will remember location too. Not sure what is expected of Tesla when the car has several height settings. I am thankful they put out mudflaps for the vehicle vs. continue to batter the hell out of the paint with rocks, sand, and salt.

Yea I’m just not excusing it as easily. They were extremely poorly designed and clearly not tested. The suspension ui is annoying, it’s not like it’s one button on main screen to raise suspension.

It’s weird to me to be “appreciative” over such a poorly designed accessory

Reactions: kazamm