Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla OEM vs. RallyArmor mud flaps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tired OEM, Basenor, and A-Premium.

I ended up staying with A-Premium as it has the right balance of looks, price, and performance for us.
Do you know where I can purchase those clips that come with the A-Premium. I am using a 3rd party set of flaps I really like, but I can’t seem to get the front right passenger side flaps to sit flush. I even tried this automotive tape.
E62C0DFF-A816-4200-8D44-3BE5B23706F1.jpeg
93125FD1-FF1A-4B3D-8EDE-C92324DD26A6.jpeg

Do you know where I can purchase those clips that come with the A-Premium. I am using a 3rd party set of flaps I really like, but I can’t seem to get the front right passenger side flaps to sit flush. I even tried this automotive tape.
View attachment 699892View attachment 699893
The gap issue keeps on appearing on non OEM flaps.
Usually means the mold pattern or cure process is not exact, and the aftermarket mfrs not correcting it as it "close".
For us, the OEM flaps sit flush and true so no issue.

View attachment 699892View attachment 699893
Put a bead of RTV silicone along the flap. Tape it in place for 24 hours and it will stay where you want it.

Did you end up leaving the Tesla OEM flaps up front and the amazon ones in the back?
I have so far, yes. Honestly in the weeks I've had them on, I haven't even glanced twice at trying to determine how different the back looks from the front. It's a non issue for me. And regarding the metal clips, 4 come with the Basenor set and I can't recommend them more. They keep the flaps so tight and secure with no gaps.

This was exactly the problem with Rally Armor flaps. For $160 flaps I had assumed they would keep on top of things and test for any revisions.
Yes... for four times the money, we decided not to go for RA.
Also, Tesla will install the OEM front flaps for free at your home with an app service call. Too easy to pass up.
Not missing the rear flaps at all here... no one even notices.

• Informative
Reactions: cusetownusa
Nice flaps for protection but horrible company to work with if you encounter any issues with their product. I find them to be quite snobbish.
Same. Had them on my last car. They came new with scuffs all over the glossy surfaces of both slides. Granted you don't see unless looking closely but it does look poor. They just kept saying that is the "working surface" facing the tire and that marks are caused by the molds like there was no problem with it. Not helpful at all.
Not missing the rear flaps.
The look is fine, not notice any imbalance on the look.
Open to learning why Tesla does not offer, that might hold the key as to why they are or are not worth further consideration.
Anyone know why OEM does not offer rears?
Rear flaps don't do anything. I don't think the rear bumper is within the trajectory of rocks or dirt from the rear tires. I only used front flaps on my last car.

Reactions: SJROSSO
Didn't like the wrapped look from the molded mudflaps. Almost went with rallyarmour, but ended up going with the Midwest EVmudflaps by Antirouille Bolduc. Happy with the results and the no branding. More photos below.

[Imgur]( )

[Imgur]( )

[Imgur]( )

[Imgur]( )

[Imgur]( )
These do not look like they offer the same protection as Rally Armor does?