Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla OEM vs. RallyArmor mud flaps

1plavs

3/29, VIN 188***, LR, White, Inductions, black int
Mar 29, 2021
MKE
I tired OEM, Basenor, and A-Premium.

I ended up staying with A-Premium as it has the right balance of looks, price, and performance for us.
Do you know where I can purchase those clips that come with the A-Premium. I am using a 3rd party set of flaps I really like, but I can’t seem to get the front right passenger side flaps to sit flush. I even tried this automotive tape.
E62C0DFF-A816-4200-8D44-3BE5B23706F1.jpeg
93125FD1-FF1A-4B3D-8EDE-C92324DD26A6.jpeg

dduffey

Aug 26, 2015
Austin, TX
Do you know where I can purchase those clips that come with the A-Premium. I am using a 3rd party set of flaps I really like, but I can’t seem to get the front right passenger side flaps to sit flush. I even tried this automotive tape.

I don't. But if you are really happy you could buy a set of Basenor, they come with a set of 4 clips if I recall.

Reactions: suprax

JerseyShoreMY

Apr 23, 2021
Jersey Shore
View attachment 699892View attachment 699893
The gap issue keeps on appearing on non OEM flaps.
Usually means the mold pattern or cure process is not exact, and the aftermarket mfrs not correcting it as it "close".
For us, the OEM flaps sit flush and true so no issue.

Reactions: 1plavs

1plavs

3/29, VIN 188***, LR, White, Inductions, black int
Mar 29, 2021
MKE
Usually means the mold pattern or cure process is not exact, and the aftermarket mfrs not correcting it as it "close".
What are you doing for the rears? Purely for aesthetics…

JerseyShoreMY

Apr 23, 2021
Jersey Shore
What are you doing for the rears? Purely for aesthetics…
Not missing the rear flaps.
The look is fine, not notice any imbalance on the look.
Open to learning why Tesla does not offer, that might hold the key as to why they are or are not worth further consideration.
Anyone know why OEM does not offer rears?

Schulz1983

Model Y LR AWD: Matte PPF, Vossen HF-1
May 14, 2021
High Ridge MO
View attachment 699892View attachment 699893
Put a bead of RTV silicone along the flap. Tape it in place for 24 hours and it will stay where you want it.

Schulz1983

Model Y LR AWD: Matte PPF, Vossen HF-1
May 14, 2021
High Ridge MO
Put a bead of RTV silicone along the flap. Tape it in place for 24 hours and it will stay where you want it.
I should say between the flap and the plastic fender molding. It will adhere and also provide a water proof seal. As a byproduct it should keep dirt from getting behind there.

suprax

Mar 8, 2021
Rochester, NY
Did you end up leaving the Tesla OEM flaps up front and the amazon ones in the back?
I have so far, yes. Honestly in the weeks I've had them on, I haven't even glanced twice at trying to determine how different the back looks from the front. It's a non issue for me. And regarding the metal clips, 4 come with the Basenor set and I can't recommend them more. They keep the flaps so tight and secure with no gaps.

SJROSSO

Apr 9, 2021
New Jersey
This was exactly the problem with Rally Armor flaps. For $160 flaps I had assumed they would keep on top of things and test for any revisions.

JerseyShoreMY

Apr 23, 2021
Jersey Shore
This was exactly the problem with Rally Armor flaps. For $160 flaps I had assumed they would keep on top of things and test for any revisions.
Yes... for four times the money, we decided not to go for RA.
Also, Tesla will install the OEM front flaps for free at your home with an app service call. Too easy to pass up.
Not missing the rear flaps at all here... no one even notices.

bluestonex

Aug 30, 2021
California
Nice flaps for protection but horrible company to work with if you encounter any issues with their product. I find them to be quite snobbish.
Same. Had them on my last car. They came new with scuffs all over the glossy surfaces of both slides. Granted you don't see unless looking closely but it does look poor. They just kept saying that is the "working surface" facing the tire and that marks are caused by the molds like there was no problem with it. Not helpful at all.
Not missing the rear flaps.
The look is fine, not notice any imbalance on the look.
Open to learning why Tesla does not offer, that might hold the key as to why they are or are not worth further consideration.
Anyone know why OEM does not offer rears?
Rear flaps don't do anything. I don't think the rear bumper is within the trajectory of rocks or dirt from the rear tires. I only used front flaps on my last car.

Reactions: SJROSSO

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC