Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my new LRMY this week and have set preconditioning for my morning departure for work. Worked fine on the first day, but today the app showed no change in the interior temperature even when I manually turned on cabin heating. After about 10 minutes of cabin heating - the app showing the car heating (red glowing graphic in the climate controls), the interior temperature was still at 40 degrees. I decided to go ahead and get in the car and the screen was off and no heat was on. I did a reset on the steering wheel and things came back on and were normal. I guess my question is, any reason why it would be off? It was not plugged in, but had 80% charge overnight.

You did the right thing; rebooting the vehicle. New vehicles ship with a software version that while stable is not the latest software for the vehicle. It can take several weeks until Tesla starts to include your vehicle in the update cycle. Unless the issue persists you don't need to open a service request.

Reactions: nlewkowitz
You did the right thing; rebooting the vehicle. New vehicles ship with a software version that while stable is not the latest software for the vehicle. It can take several weeks until Tesla starts to include your vehicle in the update cycle. Unless the issue persists you don't need to open a service request.
Thank you for the response. I'll keep an eye out for the software update.