Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Offer frunk kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, having ordered on Thursday, the kit shipped on Friday and arrived this Monday morning. Bearing in mind that was over the weekend, that’s pretty nippy shipping. Took a couple of hours to fit, taking my time. The kit comes in a nice box and is well laid out. No instructions in the box, so you have to look them up on their website, which points you to a Youtube video. The instructions are ok, however they do skip ahead in the video and don’t show you exactly how to mount some of the boxes or how to route the various cables, so I had to improvise. Also, the latest version of the kit is slightly different to that shown in the video, however it’s not a big deal. The Homelink plug has been removed as well as the plug for “future use”. I’ve uploaded a couple of videos opening and closing the bonnet (I refuse to call it a frunk!) using Shortcuts on my Apple Watch. Had to make it two videos as in a display of spectacularly poor timing one of my neighbours decided they just had to leave at that very moment so I had to move out of the way!
Open bonnet
Close bonnet
CBE70CEC-429C-41B6-BC6E-553A4F309766.jpeg
2D198169-9EDA-4F3A-A8D0-EEA35770FDCC.jpeg

Looks good! :)

As a slight aside, does anyone else find that the rubber things at the top left and top right corners of their bonnet catch when it opens? Tesla "fixed" mine once by trying to attach some sticky double sided tape to it, but it hasn't really worked. I wonder if the part has improved since...

Looks good! :)

As a slight aside, does anyone else find that the rubber things at the top left and top right corners of their bonnet catch when it opens? Tesla "fixed" mine once by trying to attach some sticky double sided tape to it, but it hasn't really worked. I wonder if the part has improved since...
Rubber things? I think they may have “fixed” them by removing them, altogether!

• Funny
Reactions: Durzel and Jez_GB
Not really the right thread for an update, but meh.. Tesla came out and replaced my whole scuttle today. The rubber bits photographed now sit under the wing, which looks more like how it should've been at the start. Can anyone confirm that's what theirs looks like?

(means I can now order this kit myself without worrying about it catching every time I open it)