Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Offer Model 3/Y Frunk Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not bad for the first day. Almost 20 orders already. I had someone ask if the trunk unit (Model 3 owner) could also count towards the buy. I am checking.

If you are interested in seeing the install, check out The Frugal Tesla Guy. He discusses the Tesla Offer and the Hansshow and goes through the TO install process. Looks pretty simple if you are handy.

If you have not already, please DM me your email. That is how we will confirm the buy list with the TO folks.

Dave

Reactions: mcorf
I don’t think the Mark 3.0 has the sensor to confirm that the truck is closed. This was added to the 4.0.

Correct.

This is me testing my DiY install after troubleshooting the “Hood Latch Sensor Need Service” warning.

The warning disappeared after letting the car go deep sleep overnight. It probably just needed to realize that the hood latch is working correctly after disengaging/reengaging the latch mechanism.

Tesla Offer was very helpful the whole time. I was talking to one of their owners throughout my troubleshooting. I’d buy their product again.

Last edited:
Not bad for the first day. Almost 20 orders already. I had someone ask if the trunk unit (Model 3 owner) could also count towards the buy. I am checking.

If you are interested in seeing the install, check out The Frugal Tesla Guy. He discusses the Tesla Offer and the Hansshow and goes through the TO install process. Looks pretty simple if you are handy.

If you have not already, please DM me your email. That is how we will confirm the buy list with the TO folks.

Dave

It’s not letting me DM for some reason. [email protected]

I'll save $550 and open and close the frunk myself
haha. That has been my mindset for quite some time. BUT...because A)Im paranoid about bending the delicated frunk lid and B)I am kinda anal about keeping the car clean and dont want fingerprints on the funk lid/dont want to wipe the prints off with a dry micro(swirls), I end up NEVER using the frunk because I dont want to touch the frunk lid. And the frunk is SO nice to put take out food in without getting any smell into the cabin.

So, what the heck. With 20% off, I'll get it. From a financial aspect, I look at it simply as several hundred dollars less left to my heirs

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
haha. That has been my mindset for quite some time. BUT...because A)Im paranoid about bending the delicated frunk lid and B)I am kinda anal about keeping the car clean and dont want fingerprints on the funk lid/dont want to wipe the prints off with a dry micro(swirls), I end up NEVER using the frunk because I dont want to touch the frunk lid. And the frunk is SO nice to put take out food in without getting any smell into the cabin.

So, what the heck. With 20% off, I'll get it. From a financial aspect, I look at it simply as several hundred dollars less left to my heirs

This is exactly why I got the TO kit...prior to the kit, I had opened the Frunk twice: once upon delivery, and once to place the Maxspider mat inside, haha!!

Since the kit was installed, I open the Frunk all the time. It's great.