Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Offer Model 3/Y Frunk Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed mine last week and so far all is good. Made sure to push the connectors together very carefully. One of the struts had the pins in the plug slightly out of alignment, so fixed that. Biggest pain was getting the new struts on. Needed the wife's skinny arms to do the driver's side. Managed to align the frunk better than it came from the factory. Overall very pleased with this.

My Frunk works again. Here is the difference in modules.
1D05253D-8DDA-4C5B-98B9-BD057AEA85BD.jpeg

Has anyone else had an issue where the button inside the frunk no longer closes it?

I can open and close the frunk with my phone app and the screen inside. But the button inside the frunk no longer does anything (it does light up, so it's plugged in). It used to work and I don't know exactly when it stopped, but I used it a few days ago just fine. I did get an update two days ago to 2021.4.15 and I'm wondering if that broke the functionality.

Also, do we have to contact support to request an updated module like shown above? Is that considered the new 4.1 version?

ETA: Just went out to test again after it sat all night. Opened the frunk with my phone and was able to close the frunk with the button inside one time. After that, it stopped working again. So either my module is going out or the recent update changed something.

Last edited:
I
Has anyone else had an issue where the button inside the frunk no longer closes it?

I can open and close the frunk with my phone app and the screen inside. But the button inside the frunk no longer does anything (it does light up, so it's plugged in). It used to work and I don't know exactly when it stopped, but I used it a few days ago just fine. I did get an update two days ago to 2021.4.15 and I'm wondering if that broke the functionality.

Also, do we have to contact support to request an updated module like shown above? Is that considered the new 4.1 version?

ETA: Just went out to test again after it sat all night. Opened the frunk with my phone and was able to close the frunk with the button inside one time. After that, it stopped working again. So either my module is going out or the recent update changed something.
I have an S, but have 2021.4.15. Just went out and tried mine several times. No issues.

I have the same issue, just emailed Raymond @ TO.

Reactions: bacevedo
Last edited:
Does anyone have an April 2020 Model Y ? the Teslaoffer website is a bit confusing about whether the Mark 4 frunk opener will work with 2020 cars. It doesn't with the 2020 Model 3, but not sure that applies to the Y as well.
Thanks,
Mark

Can everyone who has this installed on their vehicle, please confirm that it is both working correctly and that their hood has not been damaged in any way. Sent my vehicle in for warranty repairs to Tesla and got it back with a bent hood. They are now claiming that my warranty is void. Considering this was working fine and there were no scratches on the hood where it was bent before it went in leads me to believe something happened and Tesla are looking to point the finger at the Tesla Offer modification.

Attachments

• Frunk Gap.jpg
    Frunk Gap.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 95
Never heard of this. The struts simply do not have the power to be able to bend a hood. The front latch is strong but could never do that, just not enough movement in the mechanism. Typical service department looking for someone to pin the damage on.

My guess? Service department left something under the hood and closed it in the conventional way of applying force with 2 hands to the front of the hood and bent it. Probably did not notice it until he saw his ratchet was missing. Ooops.

I've had mine for 5 months. My car is a June 2020 build. I use the power frunk more than the rear hatch. More secure storage for my wife's purse when taking walks, carryout storage, cold food storage (I have the soft cooler in there.) The TO kit has worked flawlessly since I installed it.

Reactions: mcorf
Never heard of this. The struts simply do not have the power to be able to bend a hood. The front latch is strong but could never do that, just not enough movement in the mechanism. Typical service department looking for someone to pin the damage on.

My guess? Service department left something under the hood and closed it in the conventional way of applying force with 2 hands to the front of the hood and bent it. Probably did not notice it until he saw his ratchet was missing. Ooops.
Yes, they're definitely looking to pin it on the frunk opener, never mind that it has worked flawlessly since it was installed.