Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Offer Model 3/Y Frunk Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sent them a message via the WhatsApp and the response was that they got so many orders via the group order that they are processing them as fast as they can but can't guarantee the 7-21 days for free shipping because of the size of the order.

Good problem to have I guess. As long as they handle it better than Jeda, we should be fine. I can wait a bit given the savings and how cold it is here, easier to install later on when warmer. Plus Chinese New Year coming up which might factor into all of this?

<snip> I'm going to try to install on my own. Seems the hardest parts are accessing the drivers side lower strut mount and getting the latch setup/mounted correctly.

I will also be doing my own install. Check out the installation video on the Electrified Garage website for the Hansshow frunk opener install on the Y. The disassembly and cable routing parts of that video are excellent and even though the unit is not the TO one, the install process should be similar.

Weird question but did everyone get a confirmation email when they purchased? I purchased through PayPal and got the receipt from that but not email directly from TO regarding my order and I worry maybe I entered the wrong email (though not sure how PayPal got my email if that is the case).

Weird question but did everyone get a confirmation email when they purchased? I purchased through PayPal and got the receipt from that but not email directly from TO regarding my order and I worry maybe I entered the wrong email (though not sure how PayPal got my email if that is the case).

I got an email from them with an order number within a few minutes of placing the order. I'm guessing that they probably got more orders than they expected. As it's now Monday morning in Hong Kong, I'd give them until the end of their working day to see if you get a confirmation. If you haven't already, also check your spam folder in case their email was marked as spam.

Well they are in Hong Kong and 14 hrs ahead of US CST. I placed my order Thursday just before 9pm CST so that would be Friday 11am in HK, and I got 2 e-mails back, one from PayPal and one from TO. So perhaps they were closed when your order went in and nobody was there to reply back? Or did they only respond to the first XX orders, whatever they had enough stock to handle? Who knows, wouldn't worry about it. No shipping notification yet, was not expecting that until sometime this week...