Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Offer Model 3/Y Frunk Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if there's settings for the speaker...

I know some installers recommend wrapping the buzzer to diminish the volume. I giess it can be loud. As to settings, that would be a question to the staff at Tesla Offer. If you check their webpage, you'll see that you can email, but the time to response is long. Much better to use WhatsApp--a chat software. I had no familiarity with it, but was able to easily load it on my phone and PC. Either Warren (customer service) or Raymond (tech support) will respond, sometimes very quickly, sometimes in an hour or so.

Remember that they are on Hong Kong time, so that is like 16 hours ahead of Pacific Coast time (and 13 hours ahead of East Coast time). So when it is 8:00 AM on the West Coast of the US, it is Midnight in Hong Kong (if I've done that right). So time your WhatsApp chat accordingly if you want a chance at a live response. Otherwise you can leave a series of questions on WhatsApp and I find that one of them will usually respond by their next daylight period.

I know some installers recommend wrapping the buzzer to diminish the volume. I giess it can be loud. As to settings, that would be a question to the staff at Tesla Offer. If you check their webpage, you'll see that you can email, but the time to response is long. Much better to use WhatsApp--a chat software. I had no familiarity with it, but was able to easily load it on my phone and PC. Either Warren (customer service) or Raymond (tech support) will respond, sometimes very quickly, sometimes in an hour or so.

Remember that they are on Hong Kong time, so that is like 16 hours ahead of Pacific Coast time (and 13 hours ahead of East Coast time). So when it is 8:00 AM on the West Coast of the US, it is Midnight in Hong Kong (if I've done that right). So time your WhatsApp chat accordingly if you want a chance at a live response. Otherwise you can leave a series of questions on WhatsApp and I find that one of them will usually respond by their next daylight period.

He told me they are there until 2:00p.m. EST. If you send a message later than that they usually respond about 10:00p.m. But they always respond the same day.

...Much better to use WhatsApp--a chat software...

Unfortunately, (I just discovered that) WhatsApp is owned by FaceBook. So if you have any problems with FaceBook, and we all should, then this creates a conflict. But our choices are limited. I advise being careful when you install WhatsApp and do NOT allow it to spam your list of friends and email contacts. Just communicating with Tesla Offer should be OK.

Just to add some insight into my experience so far with this powered frunk:

I’ve been communicating with Raymond (via WhatsApp) since Feb 4 to figure out why my frunk isn't closing all the way. He’s been very helpful and responsive over the whole time (even with their Chinese New Year holiday). The time change has made it difficult to navigate as we really are never able to converse at convenient times for either of us, but he's still good about getting back to me same-day.

His engineer has had me try about a dozen different solutions and none have worked so they are going to send me a new control unit as they finally think they’ve narrowed it down to that being the problem.

Hopefully I’ll get this figured out soon.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: tps5352
...my experience so far with this powered frunk,,,

Sorry you have had problems, but it is hopeful to learn that Tesla Offer has stood by you to figure out and solve whatever the problem is.

At one point I naively thought Tesla Offer was some moderate-sized bureaucracy. Now I realize that they only have a small number of employees. (Maybe only "Warren" and "Raymond" in Hong Kong?) There are pros and cons to dealing with new, young, businesses. But in this case, their enthusiasm and energy, coupled with a desire to put out good products for Tesla owners, appear to make Tesla Offer the clear favorite among the competition.

I am envious, because right now I don't have a car to install their product in! (Difficulties having the Tesla I purchased shipped to California.) I hope to rectify that situation soon.

Reactions: xtnvieira
Question, do you uninstall the TeslaOffer frunk too? I've done the majority but like others, I'm struggling to remove the strut on the drive side.

Thanks!

Sorry, no. I have not yet installed one. And I am not in the installation business.

I understand that strut removal can be somewhat more difficult on the Models 3 and/or Y, because these cars are smaller and the area around the struts is more compact. (There is more open space in the Model X and 3, I believe).

My advice is to (a) relax--step away from the car and have a cold drink, (b) look again at pertinent photos from the installation manuals from Tesla Offer and from Amp Tech, and most importantly take the time to (again) (c) review all the many installation videos for your particular model.

Here is the Amp Tech Model 3 frunk-device page (remember, Tesla Offer and Amp Tech sell the same product):

I believe that there is a ring clamp at the strut socket that prevents the ball (bolted to the car) from slipping out of the strut socket. A small flat-blade screwdriver can be carefully slipped into an opening, and pressure applied to lift up and loosen the ring-clamp while you are pulling the strut end away from the ball. That is easy to say then to do, but the people in the videos do it, so you can too. Just take your time and use caution. Wear gloves so as not to hurt you hands.

Here is a figure I modified (and translated) from the Amp Tech installation instructions for Model X. The tricky part is doing this with one hand while the strut is still attached to the ball: (a) holding down the screwdriver flat against the strut so that it (b) forces the retaining clip to release pressure on the ball, and at the same time (c) pulling the strut out and away from the ball. It can be done, as the videos show.

Good luck. My time for attempting this is coming.

Retaining Clips - 2.jpg

This seems to be a glitch with a recent update. When I installed mine it didn’t do this but after a Tesla update it started doing this. I haven’t heard back from Tesla Offer as to why it is doing this beeping when I open doors yet (sent email; guess I’ll try what’s app)
Does anyone know if there's settings for the speaker. The speaker beeps when the frunk opens, closes and latches. But I also noticed the speaker beeps when I open a door and only the first time coming out of sleep, I think.

Guess it would help if there's anywhere to find directions for all the programmable settings? I only know bout the speed and height settings

So Raymond sent me out a newly designed control unit. Just received it today, plugged it in, and my trunk finally closes all the way! Been working with Raymond since Feb. 4 and finally got it fixed. Guess I did have a faulty control unit. The new one is much slicker looking but not that you’ll ever need to see it again after installing it. It’s been a journey of some months but I’m glad this is finally resolved.

This seems to be a glitch with a recent update. When I installed mine it didn’t do this but after a Tesla update it started doing this. I haven’t heard back from Tesla Offer as to why it is doing this beeping when I open doors yet (sent email; guess I’ll try what’s app)

After a month of use, I notice the control beeps only when waking up the Tesla. So it's not necessarily the doors. I never asked Tesla Offer about this.

So Raymond sent me out a newly designed control unit. Just received it today, plugged it in, and my trunk finally closes all the way! Been working with Raymond since Feb. 4 and finally got it fixed. Guess I did have a faulty control unit. The new one is much slicker looking but not that you’ll ever need to see it again after installing it. It’s been a journey of some months but I’m glad this is finally resolved.
Mine should be here soon as well. Mine quit opening without the emergency cable being pulled and latching all the way down.