Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Offer Model 3/Y Frunk Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesn't the SC take pictures of your vehicle when you drop it off (I know they have for me)? If so, ask them to show you that the damage existed when you dropped the car off.
I will certainly be asking them to preserve and provide all video/photos that they took when the car was dropped off. They keep claiming that it was the frunk opener that caused it to bend and that it will occur again. I'm filing a police report. The service manager was supposed to contact me today, but didn't. I'm trying to give them opportunity to do the right thing. Tomorrow, I'll be asking for corporate to contact me.

Can everyone who has this installed on their vehicle, please confirm that it is both working correctly and that their hood has not been damaged in any way. Sent my vehicle in for warranty repairs to Tesla and got it back with a bent hood. They are now claiming that my warranty is void. Considering this was working fine and there were no scratches on the hood where it was bent before it went in leads me to believe something happened and Tesla are looking to point the finger at the Tesla Offer modification.
My hood looks like that, and did from the day I got the car. I dropped the front a bit to split the difference. The hood is stamped wrong. I tried to bend it a little, but it is really strong. There is no way the TO struts could bend it, but I can understand why one might think they did.

My hood looks like that, and did from the day I got the car. I dropped the front a bit to split the difference. The hood is stamped wrong. I tried to bend it a little, but it is really strong. There is no way the TO struts could bend it, but I can understand why one might think they did.
Well the service center keep insisting it's the frunk opener that caused it, which I know is complete bs.

they can't speculate and must prove that the power frunk caused the damage.
I know, but they keep on insisting with their crap. I'm trying to reach out to Tesla Offer to ask how many kits they have out there and whether they have ever come across this, the answer to which I am going to guess is going to be no. Right now, I've heard nothing back from TO support so I will be reaching out to them again tomorrow.

The only reason the frunk needed to be accessed was for the adjustment of the fender on that side.
Run a test. Open the frunk, disconnect the 12V battery, and see how much force it would take to lower it back down with the shocks extended. If it doesnt budge at all, then you have a potential cause for "how" it got bent by the service center.

If it closes without much pressure, try to stop it from opening and see if it detects the pressure and stops.

Both scenarios could be how it got bent.

Run a test. Open the frunk, disconnect the 12V battery, and see how much force it would take to lower it back down with the shocks extended. If it doesnt budge at all, then you have a potential cause for "how" it got bent by the service center.

If it closes without much pressure, try to stop it from opening and see if it detects the pressure and stops.

Both scenarios could be how it got bent.
When I installed it intially, without the 12v connected I was able to move the hood up and down without any real issue and no excessive force. The attached picture was taken 5 days before it went in for service and multiple uses of the frunk. I don't have the car at the moment as it is at a body shop having other damages that were caused by the service center fixed. Excuse the dirt, that was caused by one of the f***wits from the landscaping company at work who decided to decorate the front and side of the car with grass and dirt.

Attachments

• IMG_4949.JPG
    IMG_4949.JPG
    690.9 KB · Views: 106
When I installed it intially, without the 12v connected I was able to move the hood up and down without any real issue and no excessive force. The attached picture was taken 5 days before it went in for service and multiple uses of the frunk. I don't have the car at the moment as it is at a body shop having other damages that were caused by the service center fixed. Excuse the dirt, that was caused by one of the f***wits from the landscaping company at work who decided to decorate the front and side of the car with grass and dirt.
I've had this installed since the initial group buy. Since the TO struts have been installed, my wife closed it once by hand, one delivery guy started to close it once by hand and another delivery guy (curbside delivery) closed it halfway and re-opened it by hand. My hood is not bent in any way, and everything still works perfectly. I agree with the others, sounds like a tech made a mistake and left something in that area when closing the hood but does not want to own up to it. I would be sure to quote them the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act (as was posted above). They need to prove that the modification created the issue, otherwise they cannot just decide to void the warranty.

I've had this installed since the initial group buy. Since the TO struts have been installed, my wife closed it once by hand, one delivery guy started to close it once by hand and another delivery guy (curbside delivery) closed it halfway and re-opened it by hand. My hood is not bent in any way, and everything still works perfectly. I agree with the others, sounds like a tech made a mistake and left something in that area when closing the hood but does not want to own up to it. I would be sure to quote them the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act (as was posted above). They need to prove that the modification created the issue, otherwise they cannot just decide to void the warranty.
Already quoted them Magnuson-Moss. They don't give a $#it. The stress from this is starting to make me and my wife ill. When I installed it, I moved the hood up and down several times without power and not once was there enough resistance to cause an issue. Service Manager claims that even if you slam the hood it won't bend, yet the frunk opener will bend it.