Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Tesla Offer" Models Y (& S, 3, & X) Powered Frunk Hood Group Buy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Group Buy!

Send me a private message with your email if you are interested in getting in this group buy. The team at Tesla Offer has graciously offered 20% off if we get 25 orders. This is good for electric tailgate, electric frunk, soft closing doors or auto present door handles.
New Group Buy!

Send me a private message with your email if you are interested in getting in this group buy. The team at Tesla Offer has graciously offered 20% off if we get 25 orders. This is good for electric tailgate, electric frunk, soft closing doors or auto present door handles.
I'm interested also for 2 frunk kits.

How easy to install?

Just to follow up on this basic and important question, it is now about four months since I installed the EV Offer (was "Tesla Offer") powered frunk-hood device.

My comments:
  • I love having a powered front trunk hood.
  • No problems so far since I completed fully installing the device.
  • Despite my experience working on cars, I did experience some difficulty during installation.
  • The difficulty may have been due to (a) a possibly malfunctioning power-strut (which was quickly [in ~4 days] replaced by EV Offer, as well as (b) my own installation. (I wrapped protective electrical tape around all connections, and apparently squeezed the connectors so tightly that some disconnected enough to cause gaps in the control circuits.)
  • Kee[ing in mind the major difference in time zoness, I was able to communicate with EV Offer using WhatsApp. EV Offer staff there helped me diagnose problems with their suggestions.
  • So, all together it took me about 5-6 days to finish installation, as opposed to one afternoon, since I had to wait for a part replacement and diagnose my circuitry problems.
Recommendations:
  • I recommend that a professional installer experienced with the EV Offer product and with the Tesla model in question be employed. (If I had followed my own suggestion I would have had the device installed in a few hours.)
  • I estimate that, maybe, 60%-80% or so of owners should use an installer.
  • (As of April 2021) The instructions and photographs were not as clear and comprehensive as they could be.
  • The 25% of customers who have automotive skills and familiarity installing electrical devices on cars should still carefully study all the instructions and videos (see EV Offer, Amp Tech, and YouTube websites) ahead of time.
  • Experience and familiarity really helps with this installation, hence the desirability of an experienced installer.
  • Definitely consider using an installer if the Tesla is your only means of transportation.

I installed my own without much difficulty, following the video. The hardest part for me was removing the clips on the original Tesla struts to get them out. (I had to modify an ice pick to turn it into a pick tool.) The other challenge was figuring out how to support the hood while I was working on the project by myself. (I used a bunch of folded towels stuffed into the space near the hinges.) I would say that it took about 3-4 hours, with the first half devoted to solving the hood support and strut clip issues, and it took some time to figure out the best way to route some of the wiring. (The video didn't explain that well.) Mine has worked fine, and I enjoy having it.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: tps5352