Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Offer Powered Frunk Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI to those who may be on the fence. The Tesla Offer version's control module is waterproof by design (vs other units that have some sort of rubberized bag that appears to have been an afterthought) and from all that I've read on the forum, the Tesla Offer unit appears to have the least amount of issues after longer term usage. I'm already in for the buy....

Reactions: TonyT
The site does say Free Shipping, so I would expect that to be the case for these orders. With regard to support, I am not aware of any support issues. There was one post from someone who had a question and the individual noted that TO got back to them immediately. Everyone will have to make their own decision as to whether they are comfortable with their product support. If someone is concerned about support, then they probably should think hard before they purchase.

Dave

Probably a good idea to link to the product you're talking about:

Model S Electric Frunk (MARK 3.0) - Tesla Offer

Lists for $499, so I assume the price would be $399 w/free shipping. Is that correct? What is the support like? I see it has a 2 year warranty, but a warranty isn't of much use if the company is non-responsive to troubleshooting or refuses fulfill warranty claims.
I purchased this from the last group buy. Customer service is good. They are in China and use whatsapp for all issues. So be ready for a little bit of a delay in response. I had a few problems during installation and it was about 2am in China and the guy stayed on whatsapp with me for an hour or so until I got my issue sorted out... then he went back to bed.

Reactions: David.85D
I purchased this from the last group buy. Customer service is good. They are in China and use whatsapp for all issues. So be ready for a little bit of a delay in response. I had a few problems during installation and it was about 2am in China and the guy stayed on whatsapp with me for an hour or so until I got my issue sorted out... then he went back to bed.

They are actually based out of Hong Kong, at this point it's not really China. However I'm digressing. They are very good if replacement is needed with warranty. So good that we even take care of the warranty issues with the kits we resell with our installation.

Reactions: random155
Can some please addres a couple of concerns I have before I jump in?

-does this potentially affect our Tesla warranty? Tesla aren’t often the best when it comes to addressing warranty issues with sometimes looking to blame the customer so I fear this might give them a way out?

-is this technically an insurance/roadworthy risk given frunks have always required manual release mechanisms to avoid risk of hood opening during travel?

-does the Tesla offer one also CLOSE from the touchscreen AND the app? I have seen the Hanshow one and that doesn’t appear to close form the screen

Can some please addres a couple of concerns I have before I jump in?

-does this potentially affect our Tesla warranty? Tesla aren’t often the best when it comes to addressing warranty issues with sometimes looking to blame the customer so I fear this might give them a way out?

-is this technically an insurance/roadworthy risk given frunks have always required manual release mechanisms to avoid risk of hood opening during travel?

-does the Tesla offer one also CLOSE from the touchscreen AND the app? I have seen the Hanshow one and that doesn’t appear to close form the screen
Warranty- depends on what breaks. I’ve heard 12v battery they will give you a problem with. And probably anything generally related to the frunk.
I haven’t had any concerns of it opening at highway speeds.
Yes opens and closes from app, touchscreen and key fob.

Installed the frunk kit today on a 2021. Few differences from install video...as the box is installed a little different and the latch bolts were tougher to get to...but overall not too bad. Spent more time figuring out where to put wires and control box...but very happy with everything.
After it was all installed, the soft close function wouldn’t work...had to manually close. Feeling frustrated I reached out to Raymond and he responded within a couple hours on WhatsApp saying to double click the button on the control box...as it resets the latch wire. Solved the problem and all is well. Soft-close doors are next.