Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Offer Trunk/Frunk Group Buy (3/S/X)

please vote below(you can select 2 options)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kev1n

Nov 17, 2016
SF Bay Area
UPDATE: Interest/Poll phase is over and the Group Buy for Tesla Offer Model 3 Electric Trunk/Frunk is live. they have also included Model S/X kits

we already hit 20+ kits so the 25% off is secured and already applied on the website to order.
THE END DATE ON THE GROUP BUY IS 9/30/2020

Here is the link to buy, please read and make sure the price and information is correct to ensure a smooth transaction.
Use the code 3shipping if the system is charging you shipping cost.
For Model 3 Electric Tailgate customers:
they will ship 2019 CAN connector by default. Please specify in the notes section at checkout if you have a 2018 car

Model S/X/3 Electric Frunk / Tailgate Group Buy – TMC – Tesla Offer

OLD INFO:
TLDR on trunk kit for any new readers:
you will get a powered automatic trunk (no longer have to open/close manually)
you can open and close your trunk from touchscreen and the app
foot sensor allows you to open/close trunk with the wave of your foot under the bumper

Please read accordingly
I have spoke with Warren at Tesla Offer and they are willing to offer the follow:

The following PRICES already include the 20%/25% off and SHIPPING is also included

At 10 buyers, 20% discount on the Trunk or Frunk kit
Trunk:
With Foot Sensor, $479.20
Without Foot Sensor, $439.20

Frunk:
With Frunk Button Close, $399.20
With Homelink button Close, $415.20

At 20 buyers, 25% discount on the Trunk or Frunk kit
Trunk:
With Foot Sensor, $449.25
Without Foot Sensor, $411.75

Frunk:
With Frunk Button Close, $374.25
With Homelink Button Close, $389.25

if you have any further questions, feel free to post below or dm me. thanks

THE END DATE ON THE GROUP BUY IS 9/30/2020

Last edited by a moderator:
Interested in both! Has anyone actually done the install? How long does it take and how much wire splicing is involved.
I've installed both. Neither requires any wire cutting, splicing, joining of bare wires etc. The frunk is much easier than the trunk as everything you need to access is all there. The trunk is more involved and significantly more time is needed but its hard to put a specific time as it depends on your skill and comfort level. I tried to not cut any corners and prioritized longevity and trunk took me about 5 hours - some people are faster some are slower.

Tesla Offer has pretty good YouTube videos and you should watch them plus a few other videos to fill in the gaps. Also lots of write ups on this forum.

• Informative
Reactions: Fjohn and kev1n
Can they add Model S/X kits in the gb as well?

i asked them, S/X will also be included. just vote above for what you want in the same poll. i believe they are the same price. if not you can do the math for the 20/25%

I've installed both. Neither requires any wire cutting, splicing, joining of bare wires etc. The frunk is much easier than the trunk as everything you need to access is all there. The trunk is more involved and significantly more time is needed but its hard to put a specific time as it depends on your skill and comfort level. I tried to not cut any corners and prioritized longevity and trunk took me about 5 hours - some people are faster some are slower.

Tesla Offer has pretty good YouTube videos and you should watch them plus a few other videos to fill in the gaps. Also lots of write ups on this forum.

thanks for answering the questions!

I helped my friend install his. the kit is pretty much plug and play. the install consist of taking panels off, running wires, putting panels back in. if you are somewhat handy, you should be just fine doing it yourself.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Fjohn and lUtriaNt
I have the electric Frunk from Tesla Offer on my 2014 MS, and it has increased the convenience of using the Frunk. My family didn’t like using the Frunk before getting the electric opener, now it’s just as easy as our electric trunk hatch, and slightly more secure than just leaving things in the trunk (or in the cabin).

This is a must have add-on that will make you wonder why your car isn’t like this from the factory.

Definitely wanna get both. Hope we can get the 25% discount. Any additional discount if you get both sets?

unfortunately not, i should also clarify. it is per kit(not exactly 20 buyer) so if we get 20 kits sold(any combo of trunk/frunk) it counts towards getting to the 25%. we are pretty close to that already

If we are purchasing a model 3 in the next couple of months, is there any guarantee that this will work with the new revised front trunk design?

as far as I have seen, they only changed the plastic storage cosmetically. i dont see why it would affect the frunk kit from working but again do your own research to be 100% sure.

I'm in for a trunk (w/o foot sensor) and frunk (with frunk button close). Have a 2018 M3 LR -- been on the fence on this and watching the Hansshow & TO videos and posts. Ready to buy now and think the TO is the best choice (value / quality). Just cast my vote, hope we get enough to reach the 25% off / free shipping level. How do we get notified (after the poll closes on Sept 13) what discount they will offer and get the group buy+ code.

wow, lots of 1st time posters here - welcome to TMC. For those not inclined to DIY look around for experienced installers. In my town (hint: @Vintvint ) Tesla Offer does have an installer.

i also posted in some of the fb groups so they are likely from there haha

Would this be open to UK buyers? interested in Frunk kit

i confirmed with them, they can ship worldwide, UK included

Status
Not open for further replies.