TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla offered early lease end opportunity

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by jh87, Aug 22, 2018.

1. jh87

jh87 Member

just got email from Tesla’s Ownership Loyalty Team, offering to end my current lease 6 month earlier if I take a new delivery by the end of September. say they will take over the remain lease. I can not find any info online. According to email, the program being very specialized only to a select group of customers, therefore, no public information available online. Anyone else got such offer?

• Like x 1
  2. Ormond

Ormond Member

Who is your lessor? I got a call and email from Tesla wanting me to buy another Tesla, but no offers. However, my lease is up very soon. I'm holding out for a ride in the Tesla Semi with Elon.

3. jh87

jh87 Member

us bank, but I don't think the offer has anything to do with it. it seems to me Tesla will simply take over the lease.

4. Ormond

Ormond Member

Would you have to take an inventory car? My Ownership Loyalty Advisor didn't mention any incentives. My lease is up at the end of October. Did you see the list of inventory cars posted in another thread?

5. jh87

jh87 Member

No. I was instructed to order a new one online. says the new order will be tagged with the offer.

6. Ormond

Ormond Member

I wonder if it's possible to get a new one that quickly. Is it restricted to the Models S and X?

My advisor only sent me a pre-configured Model X that he thought I might like.

7. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

I got the same offer, via phone call... Not sure what I want to do... I was set on an X but either they got way more expensive or Tesla's rates are hideous as it's almost $400 more per month than I'm paying now for my fully loaded S90D...

I drove a M3P and was blown away but naturally, that's not eligible for this "promotion"... I'm seriously leaning towards just turning it in normally at the end and then deciding from there. I really don't see what the "promo" part of this is... I still have to pay full price, I still have to pay all of the fees associated with a new purchase including the insane amount of money "down", and I get no promo lease terms or anything... Yeah I get they are trying to stack Q3 but Tesla is going to have to do better than that... I'm not paying upwards of $1,800 a month for an X100D...

Jeff

• Like x 2
  8. jh87

jh87 Member

well, I don't think Tesla ever have any official loyalty lease payment skipping program in the past, so it is kind of like "promotion" to them. you do have a chance to get a new car earlier, and may still get the federal tax deduction before it expire after Sept.
    I have used Mercedes accelerator program for years.

9. Debo

Debo Member

Jeff, my loyalty advisor says that the M3P DOES qualify for this promo about 15 minutes ago.

• Informative x 1
  10. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

Well don't that beat all... Hm...

Appreciate the info... As is the case with Tesla, no one really knows what's going on... :)

Jeff

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Love x 1
  11. Garyfcampbell

Garyfcampbell Member

I got the same offer to break my December lease with a new car ordered before September 16th, the only incentive I saw was they claimed the $7,500 US rebate would be harder to get in Decembe,r when my lease expires, as the US rebate starts to run out.

I'm wondering if there is a change in the Model S feature roadmap after September and they are trying to keep production steady, any body know if there are Model S feature changes between September and December?

• Informative x 1
  12. Debo

Debo Member

I came here wondering the same thing. As far as I know, the only imminent upgrade is the new Nvidia based main processor that will come out in ~6 months with HW 3.0. Elon has stated that people w/ HW 2.0 can 'plug and play' this new chip, but I'm a little nervous to pull the trigger. I would hate for HW 3.0 to also include something like LIDAR that wouldn't be plug and play.

13. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

#13 MXWing, Aug 23, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    I don't think anything out of the ordinary besides they are trying to load Q3.

They are capturing a lot of new sales just moving Model 3s and buyers interested in Tax credit for Model S and Model X.

If they can ALSO capture existing owners, why not?

If the costs are reasonable, do it and take one for the team. :D

Been sitting on upgrading to FSD on my Model X.

If I'm gonna do it ANYWAY.. I might as well do it in Q3.

• Like x 1
  14. sandpiper

sandpiper Active Member

Were I to guess, I would expect that Tesla is targeting a bunch of vehicles with a present residual that is less than the market value of the car. They could take these cars in, resell them for a profit, and bump up new sales at the same time.

• Informative x 1
    • Love x 1
  15. Tony310

Tony310 Member

Good point. My 2016 85D only has 21K miles on it with a $67k residual and late February 2019 lease termination (they can probably sell if for more than that). I just got the lease termination offer as well, which is good if I buy a new Model S, X, or 3P.

• Love x 1
  16. Garyfcampbell

Garyfcampbell Member

I checked and my residue is about $56k and the Kelly Blue Book private sale price is $71k-$74k, so that must be the plan.

• Love x 1
  17. Thundalicious

Thundalicious Member

I got the same offer. Lease scheduled to end 11\23.
    If I ordered before 09/16 (free supercharging deadline) and take delivery in September they waived my last two payments (September and October).

• Love x 1
  18. Thundalicious

Thundalicious Member

I believe you have to purchase full self driving to get the “free” processor upgrade.

19. Ormond

Ormond Member

I wonder how you'd be able to get it delivered by September 30th.

20. gras

gras Member

I am in a similar situation (lease ends in March) and thinking about moving to a new S100D before the 16 Sept deadline. But, no "early out offer" in my inbox...

• Informative x 1