Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla offered early lease end opportunity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just got email from Tesla’s Ownership Loyalty Team, offering to end my current lease 6 month earlier if I take a new delivery by the end of September. say they will take over the remain lease. I can not find any info online. According to email, the program being very specialized only to a select group of customers, therefore, no public information available online. Anyone else got such offer?

Reactions: jeffro01
just got email from Tesla’s Ownership Loyalty Team, offering to end my current lease 6 month earlier if I take a new delivery by the end of September. say they will take over the remain lease. I can not find any info online. According to email, the program being very specialized only to a select group of customers, therefore, no public information available online. Anyone else got such offer?
Who is your lessor? I got a call and email from Tesla wanting me to buy another Tesla, but no offers. However, my lease is up very soon. I'm holding out for a ride in the Tesla Semi with Elon.

I got the same offer, via phone call... Not sure what I want to do... I was set on an X but either they got way more expensive or Tesla's rates are hideous as it's almost $400 more per month than I'm paying now for my fully loaded S90D...

I drove a M3P and was blown away but naturally, that's not eligible for this "promotion"... I'm seriously leaning towards just turning it in normally at the end and then deciding from there. I really don't see what the "promo" part of this is... I still have to pay full price, I still have to pay all of the fees associated with a new purchase including the insane amount of money "down", and I get no promo lease terms or anything... Yeah I get they are trying to stack Q3 but Tesla is going to have to do better than that... I'm not paying upwards of $1,800 a month for an X100D...

Jeff

Reactions: P85_DA and Rahul
well, I don't think Tesla ever have any official loyalty lease payment skipping program in the past, so it is kind of like "promotion" to them. you do have a chance to get a new car earlier, and may still get the federal tax deduction before it expire after Sept.
I have used Mercedes accelerator program for years.

I got the same offer, via phone call... Not sure what I want to do... I was set on an X but either they got way more expensive or Tesla's rates are hideous as it's almost $400 more per month than I'm paying now for my fully loaded S90D...

I drove a M3P and was blown away but naturally, that's not eligible for this "promotion"... I'm seriously leaning towards just turning it in normally at the end and then deciding from there. I really don't see what the "promo" part of this is... I still have to pay full price, I still have to pay all of the fees associated with a new purchase including the insane amount of money "down", and I get no promo lease terms or anything... Yeah I get they are trying to stack Q3 but Tesla is going to have to do better than that... I'm not paying upwards of $1,800 a month for an X100D...

Jeff
Jeff, my loyalty advisor says that the M3P DOES qualify for this promo about 15 minutes ago.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I got the same offer to break my December lease with a new car ordered before September 16th, the only incentive I saw was they claimed the $7,500 US rebate would be harder to get in Decembe,r when my lease expires, as the US rebate starts to run out.

I'm wondering if there is a change in the Model S feature roadmap after September and they are trying to keep production steady, any body know if there are Model S feature changes between September and December?

• Informative
I got the same offer to break my December lease with a new car ordered before September 16th, the only incentive I saw was they claimed the $7,500 US rebate would be harder to get in Decembe,r when my lease expires, as the US rebate starts to run out.

I'm wondering if there is a change in the Model S feature roadmap after September and they are trying to keep production steady, any body know if there are Model S feature changes between September and December?
I came here wondering the same thing. As far as I know, the only imminent upgrade is the new Nvidia based main processor that will come out in ~6 months with HW 3.0. Elon has stated that people w/ HW 2.0 can 'plug and play' this new chip, but I'm a little nervous to pull the trigger. I would hate for HW 3.0 to also include something like LIDAR that wouldn't be plug and play.

I don't think anything out of the ordinary besides they are trying to load Q3.

They are capturing a lot of new sales just moving Model 3s and buyers interested in Tax credit for Model S and Model X.

If they can ALSO capture existing owners, why not?

If the costs are reasonable, do it and take one for the team. :D

Been sitting on upgrading to FSD on my Model X.

If I'm gonna do it ANYWAY.. I might as well do it in Q3.

Last edited:

Were I to guess, I would expect that Tesla is targeting a bunch of vehicles with a present residual that is less than the market value of the car. They could take these cars in, resell them for a profit, and bump up new sales at the same time.

Were I to guess, I would expect that Tesla is targeting a bunch of vehicles with a present residual that is less than the market value of the car. They could take these cars in, resell them for a profit, and bump up new sales at the same time.

Good point. My 2016 85D only has 21K miles on it with a $67k residual and late February 2019 lease termination (they can probably sell if for more than that). I just got the lease termination offer as well, which is good if I buy a new Model S, X, or 3P.

• Love

I got the same offer. Lease scheduled to end 11\23.
If I ordered before 09/16 (free supercharging deadline) and take delivery in September they waived my last two payments (September and October).

• Love
I came here wondering the same thing. As far as I know, the only imminent upgrade is the new Nvidia based main processor that will come out in ~6 months with HW 3.0. Elon has stated that people w/ HW 2.0 can 'plug and play' this new chip, but I'm a little nervous to pull the trigger. I would hate for HW 3.0 to also include something like LIDAR that wouldn't be plug and play.

I believe you have to purchase full self driving to get the “free” processor upgrade.