Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla offered me 31K for my CPO 2014 P85+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I disagree, there is a reason why "most" people trade in their cars to the dealer or Carmax. It's called time value of money.

(Having said that the offers that Tesla is offering on Tesla trades might skew that math, but for typical cars I think most have decided it's not worth it. I just don't think Tesla want to purchase used Tesla's for whatever reason)
One flaw in that argument is of course if the dealer takes longer to do the deal than you would on your own. That has mostly been my experience. I have done private deals in as little as 1/2 hr. Have tried dealing with dealers but usually give up within an hour or two while they work their way through their playbook of charades, key hiding and other "sales techniques"

Hey all,

I purchased my P85+ last November @ 45k miles and right now i have my car at 58K miles. I purchased the car for 48K coming up on one year on November 20th. At the time of sale i could not find any cars that i liked within my price range orher than the Model 3 which i did not want to get. I wanted to look into upgrading into a newer AP car as mine is preAP and pre sensors of any kind. Anywho, i see cars that are in the same year with MORE miles than mine such as an S85 not even a P and they are trying to sell them for 46k or MORE. I dont get how they can offer me THAT much less yet they try to sell a car with less specs for MORE than mine.

Anyone experience this?

Why don't you just stay sit tight and continue to enjoy the car you have?

If it's anything like the P85+ Signature I had on loan for a while, it's one of the best Teslas ever made. I have driven every last one of them and none felt as nimble and satisfying as the P85+. The combination of steering rack, suspension, power delivery and RWD give it a very enjoyable grand tourer character. Other Teslas may have somewhat better interiors, more power or newer electronics, but they will feel "chunky" in comparison. If you're one that cares about driving, then hold on to the one you have and take good care of it, for as long it stays in one piece!

Interesting. I am in the medical field, have a linkedin and get linkedin requests from other MDs all the time. Also Doximity.
Either way, any MD is easily confirmable. Linkedin or not.
I sold our Leaf privately and it turned out to be a little difficult.
The title transfer notary got messed up and we had to redo it. The buyer was from out of town so it was a hassle.
That being said, selling privately is worth it from a "time is money" standpoint. Absolutely. Unless you make $1000 an hour (after taxes) and even then sometimes.