Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Offering Car Insurance??

If Tesla offered it, would you consider purchasing their car insurance for the right price?

• Yes

Votes: 61 87.1%
  • No

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 5.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anybody heard anything further about whether or not Tesla is going to offer car insurance to Tesla owners?? It certainly has not been printed on the Model 3 release and I haven't found it anywhere on their website.

Electrek wrote an article about some time ago, but the topic has fallen off the radar.

Would it be something you would like for your Model 3?

Do you know which one? It would seem like a pretty simple thing to roll out.

Seems like people would like to have Tesla's car insurance.

It isn't quite as easy as it may seem, especially with Tesla. There just aren't that many Tesla out there. There is decades of data on other manufacturers. Insurance is all data. I'm in the industry, so I do know who, but the relationship or relationships is/are not public, so I can't disclose.

Since vehicle insurance is state regulated, I wouldn't see them offering it everywhere.
Truthfully, I'd probably pass since multi-policy discounts, loyalty credits, etc. reduce our rates.

GAP (guaranteed asset protection) insurance would be a nice add-on with Tesla financing.

It isn't quite as easy as it may seem, especially with Tesla. There just aren't that many Tesla out there. There is decades of data on other manufacturers. Insurance is all data. I'm in the industry, so I do know who, but the relationship or relationships is/are not public, so I can't disclose.
Understood. Thanks

As an insider what are your thoughts on The Lemonade insurance plan. They're just getting started but seems like a new idea