Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla offering free supercharging on Model 3's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got linked to a Car that i've a scheduled delivery on 9/30.
I got two deviations free (color & wheels) but I'm not getting any free supercharging.
I called and spoke to my advisor and he is saying that either you get deviations or super charging, not together. He confirmed with me that only folks initially got this and now it requires a district manager approval
2 yrs free SC doesn't show up on my purchase agreement.
How to get this as i'm taking delivery on 9/30. Who should I contact other than my advisor who is not very helpful on this super charging

I got two deviations free (color & wheels) but I'm not getting any free supercharging.
I called and spoke to my advisor and he is saying that either you get deviations or super charging, not together. He confirmed with me that only folks initially got this and now it requires a district manager approval
How to get this as i'm taking delivery on 9/30. Who should I contact other than my advisor who is not very helpful on this super charging

They already told you, you can't get it, you have to choose. This is corroborated by many, many posts here on the forum. It's either/or.

I can only add to the above poster's comment that if you keep pushing said sales advisor would not surprise me if those free deviations get removed. So if I were you I would play very nice and consider yourself quite lucky.

I can only add to the above poster's comment that if you keep pushing said sales advisor would not surprise me if those free deviations get removed. So if I were you I would play very nice and consider yourself quite lucky.
I considered myself lucky to get 2 deviation credits, and as of yet I haven't read of anyone getting a confirmed 2 years of supercharging on top.

Many people have had requests or cases put in but so far I haven't seen any updates that these cases were actually approved on top of deviation discounts. I find it doubtful that regional/district managers would not have some visibility into referral credits already applied to an order.

I asked my OA exactly once about the program, then considered myself lucky enough to get the option discounts and moved on.

Spoke to an SA in Costa Mesa yesterday regarding an update on my service request for 2 years of free super charging. His comment was that for now everyone is just putting in the cases for customers that qualify. Tesla corporate will be processing all of them by the end of the month. How accurate that is, I have no idea. But that is all they had to say yesterday after my service request being in there since Monday.

I'm thinking if T meets the Q3 #s, they may very well go ahead and approve the 2yr SC for buyers in the system. The cost of SC is distributed throughout the 2 years and not a big hit to 2019 figures. Q4 maybe even more generous you think??

I picked up my Stealth P3D on the 12th of this month. Tesla SA sent me a message that they were giving me 2 years Unlimited supercharging. I called Tesla and they said it should be completed and ready by end of this week ...

I received a call from T this am requesting that I have to enter my address, I did not enter it when I opened my account since I thought this is telling them I wanted home delivery. What the address was used for is to present to me a choice of location for local pickup.

So, just an FYI for those who haven't entered their address.

I then asked about the 2yr SC and she confirmed that it was put in the system. I asked if I could see that request in my account, she said no. ( I am not yet a T owner).

After reading this forum, nothing is certain, but it helps if you have something in writing.

Does 2yr SC mean unlimited SC or it's limited to X # of charge time/$?

2 year SC = unlimited SC for 2 years.

In a similar boat as others. Car purchased from inventory availability, pickup this past week so met all of the qualifications.
Sales advisor says everything on their end has been processed and is all set just waiting on Tesla corporate to send it to the accounts?
Anyway, I trust that will happen as I have multiple emails about it and I clearly met the requirement they stated (I did not get any free upgrades or deviations otherwise)

I do not see any note of it on my account, was not on my sales order paperwork, etc...
Nothing but the emails from my OA about this.
For the time being my app shows I have 2000 free SC miles (due to the referral I used when ordering). I am using those currently as a recent SC showed my loot 2000 miles now reduced.
I assume those free 2000 will go bye bye once the 2 years unlimited is processed.

Side note: there is precedent of Telsa limiting your SC speed if you super charge too often. Not sure what too often is, once a month, once a week, twice a week, once a day, etc... Said to be for battery health.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: vickh and Sg911
Seems like Tesla has enabled free supercharging for my Model 3. I can see the update online under "Supercharging Status" as "Free Supercharging is currently enabled" It doesn't say for 2 years but at least it changed from "Pay per use". Ordered on Sept 8, Delivered on Sept 24. PFA screenshot.
Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 4.48.33 PM.png
screenshot