Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Tesla Offering New Winter Tire Package for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tesla Model Y crossover SUV is getting winter-ready with a new wheel and tire package.

Now available in the Tesla store, the “Model Y 19″ Gemini Wheel and Winter Tire Package” is designed for owner that will need to navigate a snow and ice season.

Tesla’s description of the package:

“Model Y 19″ Gemini Wheel and Winter Tire Package provides maximum safety and grip when driving in wet or dry conditions and on icy or snow-covered roads. The winter package guarantees a high level of traction, stability, and braking efficiency under 45° F, so you can enjoy wherever you drive with confidence and comfort.”

The package includes Pirelli Winter Sottozero tires, which Pirelli says “achieve maximum control and performance in all winter weather conditions” through “new compounds and a new sipe design.”

Tesla is charging $3,500 for the package in the U.S. and $4,700 in Canada.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the double post on the subject! Regarding the Tesla 19" Gemeni Winter Wheel and Tire Package, has anyone had confirmation from Tesla that this can be used on the Performance upgrade model Y? I know that the model 3 performance specifies use on the performance model in the description but no description for the for the model Y gemini package. I've emailed Tesla and my sales advisor but nobody seems to has the answer yet. I have seen the posting that the wheels fit on the performance, but there are other considerations about loads, step rings on the performance hub? And what version of Sottozero 3 (W of V rating)?

Although very expensive, I would love a package that just works without much research. Located in the PNW (Vancouver Canada), any comments about the package would be helpful.

Reactions: Cybr.Myk