Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla offering plaid upgrade for $15k and 2 month earlier delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed my LR Model X order in January '22 and the delivery window dropped from Jan-Mar '23 to Nov-Dec '22. But this week Tesla sales rep called to offer me a Sept delivery of a Model X Plaid for an additional $15k. I don't really need the speed or performance, but is that a value I shouldn't pass up? I've had 2 Model S' prior to now since 2014.

We ordered our LR in August 2021. EDD kept getting pushed back from April 2022 to July 2022 to November 2022 to February 2023. Couple of weeks ago, we got a call about upgrading to Plaid for $20k for a quicker delivery (in August 2021 pricing, LR was $99k and Plaid was $119k). We don't need the speed or performance either, but we took the deal. Getting delivery this week. From phone call to delivery in 2 weeks.

I placed my LR Model X order in January '22 and the delivery window dropped from Jan-Mar '23 to Nov-Dec '22. But this week Tesla sales rep called to offer me a Sept delivery of a Model X Plaid for an additional $15k. I don't really need the speed or performance, but is that a value I shouldn't pass up? I've had 2 Model S' prior to now since 2014.
What was the final price they offered you? There seems to be lack of clarity. I was offered the same. Told one price by phone and another price via email

Reactions: enzoshadow
What was the final price they offered you? There seems to be lack of clarity. I was offered the same. Told one price by phone and another price via email
They gave me the same price on the phone and by email. The exact message was:

"Your current pricing is $124,440. If you switched to a Model X Plaid there would be a $15,000 price increase to $139,440. Keep in mind if you ordered a Model X Plaid today it would be $153,940, resulting in $14,500 in savings."

Reactions: MX100DM3P2017
It seems the pricing is based on when you ordered and the pricing difference at the time. We took the deal and went from end of the year delivery to this Monday (less than two weeks from accepting the offer).
Yeah that makes sense. I pulled the trigger on the upgrade yesterday. I originally placed my order in January after my gf got her Model Y and I drove it around for a while and liked the height. I've had 2 Model S' since 2014 so I'm excited about this refreshed X.

They are willing to change your build too. I took the same deal also. Taking delivery Monday vs December LR. They told me they have plenty in almost all configurations. I had them take off FSD and increase the price by $10k. Essentially the $20k offer. I never wanted to modify my order at all out of fear of losing my pre-order price so this worked out perfectly. This works for me because now I can elect to do the enhanced package as I rarely ever use FSD in my MYP.

They are willing to change your build too. I took the same deal also. Taking delivery Monday vs December LR. They told me they have plenty in almost all configurations. I had them take off FSD and increase the price by $10k. Essentially the $20k offer. I never wanted to modify my order at all out of fear of losing my pre-order price so this worked out perfectly. This works for me because now I can elect to do the enhanced package as I rarely ever use FSD in my MYP.
What was your LR price vs. the Plaid price?

Tesla X Original.png

Attachments

• Tesla X New.png
    Tesla X New.png
    65.3 KB · Views: 108
I actually just convinced the wife of the merits of the EAP as those features I use all the time when driving from NJ/FL which I do several times a year with the family. Hoping for a smooth delivery day. Going straight to my detailer to get xpel stealth, CrossClimate2’s, and some other small goodies installed.

I actually just convinced the wife of the merits of the EAP as those features I use all the time when driving from NJ/FL which I do several times a year with the family. Hoping for a smooth delivery day. Going straight to my detailer to get xpel stealth, CrossClimate2’s, and some other small goodies installed.
Along with the CrossClimates, I would recommend having the alignment checked. Often cars are delivered significantly out of whack, which can make a big difference in energy efficiency.

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
Hi Tony. How did you get the offer to upgrade to plaid? Can you give me contact info? I placed my LR 6 seater order about a month before you did (Sept 15, 2021), but I didn't hear about the upgrade option to take delivery much earlier until now in this forum. I'm interested! Thanks