Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla offers 1 year free supercharging if you buy before Dec 31st 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I spoke with a lady from Tesla she said if you have any referral miles they would all be used up before the "free year" would kick in.
Yeah that’s what I assumed. I guess it’s just strange that there isn’t anything official anywhere. Especially when my car screen is showing me costs. Someone said to me they would change to 0 but it never happened. Either way. It’s all good.

Especially when my car screen is showing me costs. Someone said to me they would change to 0 but it never happened.

The in car amount always shows the actual cost to charge even if it was no cost to user. The account history should show £0 though.

Re referral codes. I would also assume that they would run in parallel with the 1 year free offer, but whilst they will normally expire at 6 months, a second referral will bump that to 1 year, a third to 18 months etc. imho, its not the added amount of supercharge miles that is useful to us with a referral, its the extension to the expiry date.

Last edited:
Reactions: SR-Plus and sonix
The in car amount always shows the actual cost to charge if it wasn't free. The account history should show £0 though.

Re referral codes. I would also assume that they would run in parallel with the 1 year free offer, but whilst they will normally expire at 6 months, a second referral will bump that to 1 year, a third to 18 months etc. imho, its not the added amount of supercharge miles that is useful to us with a referral, its the extension to the expiry date.

Makes perfect sense. Also in terms of seeing the account history?? I assume this is in the account section on Tesla’s website. If so it does not show anything under the payments or charging section, even though I had been to two super chargers since owning the car.

For me my web account page shows "free supercharging until 1st Jan 2022", under the details link for the car.
Screenshot:
Screenshot_20210123-150447.jpg

...also, the payment history shows one supercharger event, cost £0 for the time between getting the car and the free year starting, part of my referral miles. No items listed for the subsequent uses of the supercharger, during the free period.