Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla offers 3 months of free FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this is a good advert for not buying FSD. How many people are gonna be excited to drop 10k on FSD permanently after experiencing it in all its glory?

I mean, I bought FSD twice and I’m happy with it. But I’m buying a dream. A free trial of a dream doesn’t make good sense. Either you want to dream the dream or you don’t.

Maybe Tesla is gonna be like those online sneaky companies where you get a 2 week free trial and then they continue to charge you monthly until you call to get a cancellation code, which you then have to have note rises and sent vial certified mail.

I think this is a good advert for not buying FSD. How many people are gonna be excited to drop 10k on FSD permanently after experiencing it in all its glory?

I mean, I bought FSD twice and I’m happy with it. But I’m buying a dream. A free trial of a dream doesn’t make good sense. Either you want to dream the dream or you don’t.
I also bought FSD, and the only feature I'm using so far is the AutoPilot lane-change. I told myself to pretty much expect a 100% loss for forking out the FSD money, but took the plunge anyways. Come on, Tesla, at least throw us foolish worshipers, who have already paid, a bone every once in a while!

Reactions: DaveG_NJ
I took delivery of a MX today. Saw the article and sent a note to the sales folks and got the following from them

The Full Self Driving features will be added to your account within 48hours after delivery and will expire on April 1, 2021.”

Looking forward to trying it out

What..? Tesla has released no FSD software yet. The software is not ready yet. A few handful of chosen customers are testing an early beta version, but it is still far away to be released to generally public. So what FSD can anyone try between now and April 2021?

Navigate on Autopilot, maybe? But that is NOT FSD. I had that in my model 3 for I guess two years now?

• Love
Reactions: Lubestaff

I'm more inclined towards a free trial of a dream making immensely more sense than paying thousands for it, let alone paying twice. Further let alone the dream of delivery of FSD in the past; you know, in 2019 (and that's discarding even earlier statements).

But then again, I too have paid several times to dream; it just cost me around 15€ per dream instead, back in The Netherlands.

Tesla should probably include a free view of FSD for a month to 3 months with all new cars all the time. It costs nothing and many thinking they didn't want would become hooked and then more likely to buy.

To me free Supercharging for a year would be a better incentive for end of the quarter/year incentives.

• Informative
Reactions: qdeathstar
I'm more inclined towards a free trial of a dream making immensely more sense than paying thousands for it, let alone paying twice. Further let alone the dream of delivery of FSD in the past; you know, in 2019 (and that's discarding even earlier statements).

But then again, I too have paid several times to dream; it just cost me around 15€ per dream instead, back in The Netherlands.

If you get a free trial of a dream it’s no longer a dream, it’s an experience. And it’s a mostly lackluster experience.

Certainly not a “yeah, I’ll drop 10k on that *sugar*” experience...

My theory is that the subscription model won't be rolled out until FSD offers something more than Nav on AP and Summon. There'd be no reason to subscribe to something that offers so little value. People BUY it now to lock in the price before it goes up. That's not happening with a subscription model.

But what will Telsa do with these year-end buyers come April 1? They need to flip them into subscribers, which leads me to believe the subscription model will go live on April 1 and that FSD will get a major upgrade sometime before then.

Don't forget - real FSD and the subscription model were promised for year-end. Of course that won't happen, but I do think they're tied to each other.

• Informative
Reactions: qdeathstar