Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla offers model 3 test drives for the first time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes I went on one at the Sunnyvale Store on Tuesday. I was surprised by the article details however because I was told the Sunnyvale location's cars were moving to another location and only available to test drive through Thursday (past now). The article seemed to give the impression they were still at Sunnyvale. If you are interested in a test drive I would definitely call your nearest Store location to check the dates and times available and get on their list. They were pretty busy doing drives when I was there (everyone with apt) so don't think you should expect to just go to a Store without an appointment.

Reactions: nvx1977
Tesla lets customers test drive Model 3

Video of news coverage is kinda funny (fake) as they show an S with people loading in for a test drive as well as the model 3, seemed like they did not know the difference, then they interview a lady (who they show as an owner) sitting in a S who ran out of juice on a drive and had to have the car towed but if you did not know any better then you would assume that she ran out in a test drive of the 3 as they were cutting back and forth from the 3 to her in the S.
Overall they are positive on the news of the 3 in the video even if incompetent in their reporting.

Last edited:
Yes I went on one at the Sunnyvale Store on Tuesday. I was surprised by the article details however because I was told the Sunnyvale location's cars were moving to another location and only available to test drive through Thursday (past now). The article seemed to give the impression they were still at Sunnyvale. If you are interested in a test drive I would definitely call your nearest Store location to check the dates and times available and get on their list. They were pretty busy doing drives when I was there (everyone with apt) so don't think you should expect to just go to a Store without an appointment.

Are they giving test drives to people who don’t yet have reservations?

I hope this happens soon in Houston. I sat in a Model 3 and it was OK, nothing special.

Last year I sat in a Model S and wasn't impressed at all. A couple of months later I had a test drive and was blown away.

Regardless, I will take delivery whenever my Model 3 is ready.

Interesting. I signed up here in the Dallas area last week and Tesla called to let me know I would probably get my car before test drives happened in our area. It all sounded a bit like an attempt to just get me to go ahead and order. I think I said something like "I'm not buying anything without a test drive".

People don’t “get it” until they drive it.
I let a few ppl drive my car and they still don’t get it. Said the one pedal driving doesn’t work for them. Even when I said you can turn it off. And you will get use to it in like a day.

Still get complaints that they can’t make it to Vegas with out having to stop and charge. And even with supercharging stations they say they don’t like to restricted to where they want to stop.

*Sigh* Can’t convince/convert everyone.

I let a few ppl drive my car and they still don’t get it. Said the one pedal driving doesn’t work for them. Even when I said you can turn it off. And you will get use to it in like a day.

Still get complaints that they can’t make it to Vegas with out having to stop and charge. And even with supercharging stations they say they don’t like to restricted to where they want to stop.

Oh well. Their loss.

It takes a while for people to absorb change. People used to say "Why would you want to carry a phone? Here's a nickle. Go use a pay phone". Now it is, "Pay phone? What is that.".

Someday it will be "Hey Dad. Tell my friends how you used to drive a car with 20 gallons of explosive gasoline in the back."

Reactions: boaterva