TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla offers Valet Charging at Fountain Valley Supercharger

Discussion in 'Model S' started by socalty, Mar 26, 2016.

1. socalty

socalty New Member

#1 socalty, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2016
    If all the stalls are occupied, they park and charge for you so you don't have to sit in car to wait for opening.
    The valet indicated that they will be there until 6pm daily.
    Photo taken yesterday.

thumb_IMG_4033_1024.jpg

• Like x 1
  2. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

I guess this fills the gap until Summon and the automatic snake charger is fully perfected?:)

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  3. Muzzman1

Muzzman1 Member

I'm sure that will come in handy at that location. The only time I stopped in to charge there, it was a madhouse. I don't know if it was my ignorance knowing how to get in and out of the charging lane, but it seemed to be a dead end, and cars were backing in, pulling out etc....it was nuts, so I went up to the redondo beach on my way back home from SD. I was alone there.

4. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Well-Known Member

So who are "they?"

Seriously. I mean, it's clearly not Tesla. Is it just some enterprising guy with a podium and an umbrella, hoping for tips?

I think I'd be a little leery of just leaving my fob and saying, "Sure, go for it!"

Maybe it's just me! :)

• Like x 1
  5. BrokerDon

BrokerDon Member

I stopped here about a week ago and the valet parking guy said that Tesla and hired their parking service to handle the high low volume at this Supercharger station. He was very professional and had a Nother person with him he was training. No charge and didn't ask for any tips

• Like x 1
  6. bswn1

bswn1 Member

They work for Tesla. Saw them last weekend, very nice guys and glad they're doing this.

Also similar setup in San Luis Obispo SC.

7. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Member

I've seen the same at SJC, but never had to use it. It can get pretty busy there.

8. Andyw2100

I stand corrected!

9. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

How handy is that?! Surprised that SLO is that busy.

10. whitex

whitex Member

So how do you verify that? You go on a trip, pull up to a SC you've nevear been to and a teenager in a vest asks for your fob saying they work for Tesla, do you just hand over your fob? Tesla has no human presence at the SC to keep impostars away.

11. cman8

cman8 Member

Well if they take off in your car you can lock em in and wait for the cops from your phone.

12. whitex

whitex Member

No you cannot lock them in (safety reasons). Yes you can call the cops if you notice your car is speeding away. However, if they just steal stuff you may notice for days (e.g. a friend had a single credit card from a wallet and a camera when valet parking at work. He didn't notice until he got the bill. Nobody ever got caught for it).

13. Andyw2100

Leave aside those with the worst of intentions for the moment.

Let's say an honest person set up shop, as I initially thought was the case up thread. He or she has no relationship with Tesla, and no intention of doing anything illegal. He or she is just hoping for tips, and has a tip jar out. Now people who have read this thread, or encountered the real "Tesla-hired supercharging valets" would know that apparently that group is not working for / accepting tips, and might know something was up. But a large number of Tesla owners probably would not. What happens when our well-meaning, industrious young person accidentally dents a Model S? Or when, while "under his or her supervision", the Model S is the victim of a hit and run?

I'd be at least as worried about stuff like this as I would be about someone actually trying to steal the car, or steal things from the car.