TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Tesla official 10-30 recall replacement adapter?

Discussion in 'North America' started by rrolsbe, Feb 18, 2017.

1. rrolsbe

rrolsbe New Member

I read an article that the official 10-30 adapter was recalled early Dec 2016 and that a replacement would be sent to affected Tesla owners. If true, will the 10-30 recall replacement adapter ever be available for purchase. I believe the Tesla adapter informed the car that it should only draw 24A; whereas, using some non-official adapters requires the owner to dial down the current draw to 24A. Does anyone know exactly how the (formerly available/recall replacement 10-30 adapters) informed the car not to exceed 24A?

NOTE: I tried to post the above on the forums.tesla.com website and the SPAM filter rejected the post???

Thanks Very Much in Advance!!!
    Regards, Ron

2. Rocky_H

Rocky_H Active Member

Yeah, each Tesla adapter has a small resistor inside it. The UMC checks that resistor value. Each resistor size corresponds to a different current value, which the UMC reports to the car. I don't remember what the table of values is, but it's been posted on this forum a couple of times.