TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Tesla' official forum?

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by TesTaipei, Jan 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. TesTaipei

TesTaipei Tesla Ambassador to Taiwan!

just curious - how come this forum seems to be a lot more vibrant than tesla' own forum on its website?

My tesla is arriving finally this month so I only started reading these forums recently

2. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

The Tesla forums is horribly, home grown software that barely functions as a forum.

• Like x 3
    • Love x 1
  3. PedanticOne

PedanticOne MyTesla Refresh Champion

Yeah, it's pretty primitive. Maybe they keep it that way on purpose *shrug*.

4. LastGas

LastGas Member

Part of it is the software. With the latest downgrade over there, you can't use any HTML or other tags. You can't embed pictures or video. Only owners can post hyperlinks. Also the company forum, linked from the company web site, tends to get more first-time visitors, new buyers with new-buyer questions. While there is some good information over there, more research gets done over here. A lot of what is said at the company forum is downright silly. I post as "kevin" at the company site.

5. Chrisizzle

Chrisizzle Member

I started there but the inability to search for a subject or sort by new posts had me migrate over here full time.

This hasn't been perfect either and I had not actually visited for months after the site's redesign. Still, it's way more functional.

6. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

In 2013 I started on that forum but it was so lacking in useful features and it was unmoderated, so as soon as I discovered TMC in a matter of days I abandoned it. Have never been back unless someone here links to a thread there that has useful info in it. But I never post there. The lack of moderation makes it very unpleasant to read sometimes. I don't know why anyone uses it now that the existence of TMC is common knowledge (and a web search finds TMC instanatly).

7. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

I would use it if it simply had email notifications of replies to threads I post in. No way I'm hunting them down manually just to see is someone replied.

8. Roger_wilco

Roger_wilco Member

Their software plus their restrictions.

9. BestRadar

BestRadar Member

I find that the official forum has too many fanboys and if you post a complaint you get flamed and quickly turned off from participating.

• Like x 1
  10. LastGas

LastGas Member

Now with the AP 2.0 cars not having AP features, there are a number of extremely negative commenters also, sort of anti-fanboys. It's a big ugly.

I personally find ALL forums hard to use and hard to keep up with. Content is scattered and hard to find, even with a search feature (and the company forum has search--it's called Google).

11. TesTaipei

TesTaipei Tesla Ambassador to Taiwan!

Very helpful all. Definitely can see the difference in usuability and sophistication.

12. Chopr147

Chopr147 Active Member

I started here and only knew of that forum when I ran into links for info :)
    I also like the model3owners forum. It has a bit more positive/ glass half full feel to it :) TMC at times can get downright nasty :(

13. idealsol

idealsol Member

For any company "forum", it's embarrassing
    For Tesla, it's ridiculous

14. 182RG

182RG Free The Service Manuals From Tyranny

I find just the opposite. There seems to be a bit more reality regarding holding Tesla and EM to the fire over over-promising / under-delivering and customer service failures (communications, consistency), than here on TMC. I don't find AP 2.0 threads to be a "big ugly".

TMC is definitely more Kool-Aid, and a bit over moderated.

The truth is somewhere in the middle. Read all sources for balance.