Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla' official forum?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TesTaipei

Tesla Ambassador to Taiwan!
Sep 23, 2016
Taipei
just curious - how come this forum seems to be a lot more vibrant than tesla' own forum on its website?

My tesla is arriving finally this month so I only started reading these forums recently

Part of it is the software. With the latest downgrade over there, you can't use any HTML or other tags. You can't embed pictures or video. Only owners can post hyperlinks. Also the company forum, linked from the company web site, tends to get more first-time visitors, new buyers with new-buyer questions. While there is some good information over there, more research gets done over here. A lot of what is said at the company forum is downright silly. I post as "kevin" at the company site.

In 2013 I started on that forum but it was so lacking in useful features and it was unmoderated, so as soon as I discovered TMC in a matter of days I abandoned it. Have never been back unless someone here links to a thread there that has useful info in it. But I never post there. The lack of moderation makes it very unpleasant to read sometimes. I don't know why anyone uses it now that the existence of TMC is common knowledge (and a web search finds TMC instanatly).

I find that the official forum has too many fanboys and if you post a complaint you get flamed and quickly turned off from participating.
Now with the AP 2.0 cars not having AP features, there are a number of extremely negative commenters also, sort of anti-fanboys. It's a big ugly.

I personally find ALL forums hard to use and hard to keep up with. Content is scattered and hard to find, even with a search feature (and the company forum has search--it's called Google).

I find that the official forum has too many fanboys and if you post a complaint you get flamed and quickly turned off from participating.
I find just the opposite. There seems to be a bit more reality regarding holding Tesla and EM to the fire over over-promising / under-delivering and customer service failures (communications, consistency), than here on TMC. I don't find AP 2.0 threads to be a "big ugly".

TMC is definitely more Kool-Aid, and a bit over moderated.

The truth is somewhere in the middle. Read all sources for balance.