Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Official Model 3 Delivery Estimator Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at some of the dates posted here, it seems current Tesla owners get a one month advantage over non-owners for each of the three model versions (at least for Day 1 reservation holders on the West Coast).

Also, it looks like the same 3-month window is offered regardless of your US location if you reserved at around the same time:
Makes sense, if 93% of the initial reservations were non owners, at around 100,000 orders, that's 7,000 people.

Since September was booked at 1,500 cars, October is probably 5k-7k. The fact that some people cancelled, some people will wait for a different version, 1 month difference seems right.

Trying to summarize the different ranges posted in this thread:
310_RWD 220_RWD AWD2018
Oct-Dec Dec-Feb Aug-Oct (Employee)
Oct-Dec Dec-Feb Aug-Oct (LineWait/Owner)
Oct-Dec Dec-Feb Jul-Sep (LineWait/Owner)
Nov-Jan Jan-Mar Sep-Nov (LineWait/Non-Owner)
Nov-Jan Feb-Apr Oct-Dec (LineWait)
Jan-Mar Mar-May Nov-Jan2019 (Online 3/31/2016)
Apr-Jun Jul-Sep Dec-Feb2019 (non-owner Jul 3 2017 reserve)

I find it interesting that they can have the same date range for the initial production, but then have different date ranges for the base models, and future AWD models.

TEG, I was online 3/31 (non-owner) and mine is nov-Jan, Feb-Apr, Oct-Dec. I think there may be a distinction between ordering before and after the reveal or just a random reservation order change.

I want the premium package but not the larger battery, plus color and plus wheel(?) still want to see what The Aero wheel looks like. If it's what I think, I may have to get the 19" sport wheel? Does anyone know the difference in wheels. Performance wise it will not make a difference.

I want the premium package but not the larger battery, plus color and plus wheel(?) still want to see what The Aero wheel looks like. If it's what I think, I may have to get the 19" sport wheel? Does anyone know the difference in wheels. Performance wise it will not make a difference.

I'm interested in how long the 19" wheels last before needing to be replaced vs the 18" ones. (and how much more to replace).

I'm interested in how long the 19" wheels last before needing to be replaced vs the 18" ones. (and how much more to replace).

If the tread on the 19" wheels is as thick as the one on the Model S 19s, then, they should last a while. I've had no issues with tread wear at over 25k miles (of some Ludicrous driving too!) with my P85D Ludicrous.

• Informative
Reactions: Big-T and JeffK
Generally speaking -

larger wheels = shorter sidewalls (to keep the overall tread circumference constant).
shorter sidewalls = better handling (less sidewall flex), so shorter sidewall tires are generally built as performance tires
performance tires = stiffer sidewalls and softer, stickier tread
short, stiffer sidewall = harsher handling, more risk of pothole damage to wheels (bent wheels) and tires (sidewall bubbles/blowouts)
softer, stickier tread = increased tread wear, reduced mileage

So expect the 18" to have a softer ride, longer tire life, and lesser handling. 19" will have a harsher ride, shorter tire life, and better handling. Most of these differences will be due to the types of tires available in those sizes, not the size of the tires (or wheels) itself. People talk about the handling differences between 19" and 21" on the S, but it's sort of an apples and oranges comparison. The tire types in those two sizes are radically different.

I wouldn't expect more than 10k miles on my 21" Michelin PS2's, if I could go that far without sidewall bubbles or picking up nails... :mad: The new PSS is supposed to be better.

Reactions: pjoseph
Interesting data point. I have 2 reservations, looks like I can get one of them pretty quickly, butour the 2nd one is going to be waiting until the back of the line.

Reserved both in-store on the morning of 3/31/2016, North Houston service center, and I'm a Model S owner:
My first reservation has the same dates. My second is only a month later (vs yours in 2019). Somewhere (Elon tweet?) I saw that only one reservation is prioritized per current Tesla owned. That explains why only one of our reservations is elevated (we each have one current Tesla).

I also seem to recall something like west coast first, then east coast, then fill in the center of the country. That might explain why my second is so far ahead of yours.

Trying to summarize the different ranges posted in this thread:
310_RWD 220_RWD AWD2018
Oct-Dec Dec-Feb Aug-Oct (Employee)
Oct-Dec Dec-Feb Aug-Oct (LineWait/Owner)
Oct-Dec Dec-Feb Jul-Sep (LineWait/Owner)
Nov-Jan Jan-Mar Sep-Nov (LineWait/Non-Owner)
Nov-Jan Feb-Apr Oct-Dec (LineWait)
Jan-Mar Mar-May Nov-Jan2019 (Online 3/31/2016)
Apr-Jun Jul-Sep Dec-Feb2019 (non-owner Jul 3 2017 reserve)

I find it interesting that they can have the same date range for the initial production, but then have different date ranges for the base models, and future AWD models.

Must be more to it, I'm a line wait owner with:

Nov-Jan Jan-Mar Jul-Sep

My first reservation has the same dates. My second is only a month later (vs yours in 2019). Somewhere (Elon tweet?) I saw that only one reservation is prioritized per current Tesla owned. That explains why only one of our reservations is elevated (we each have one current Tesla).

Have 2 reservations both with same dates (nov-jan for 1st prod). Not current owner. California resident, waited in line, and processed the second rez within a minute or so of the first.

Wait just one moment. Elon just stated that he has no doubt that Tesla will reach 10K units per week "BY THE END OF NEXT YEAR". That's a FAR FAR FAR cry from his earlier comment that they were going to reach 10K units per week by the end of THIS year.

What in the world is the deal here?

I'm really getting tired of this.

Tesla Model 3: Elon Musk has ‘zero doubt’ about 10,000 units per week in 2018, corrects reservation tally

That 10k was much earlier. Recent targets have all been 5k per week by end of 2017.

Wait just one moment. Elon just stated that he has no doubt that Tesla will reach 10K units per week "BY THE END OF NEXT YEAR". That's a FAR FAR FAR cry from his earlier comment that they were going to reach 10K units per week by the end of THIS year.

What in the world is the deal here?

I'm really getting tired of this.

Tesla Model 3: Elon Musk has ‘zero doubt’ about 10,000 units per week in 2018, corrects reservation tally

Never said that. He has stated repeatedly 5 pr week at the end of 2017, and 10 000 pr week sometime during 2018.

Reactions: JeffK
Must be more to it, I'm a line wait owner with:

Nov-Jan Jan-Mar Jul-Sep

AWD did say July-August earlier and now it says June-August.

First day reservation, Colorado owner. Originally, I think my dates matched @FreeOfPge 's and I mentioned them to everyone at the event for the grand opening of the Tesla Littleton store last Saturday. Later that evening or early Sunday, I noticed that all of my dates had moved up by 1-2 months so now the schedules show Oct-Dec 2017, Dec-Feb 2018 and May-July 2018.