Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla officially coming to New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who will be the first to post a picture of the Hamilton supercharger? :)

The other two are planned for Turangi and Sanson.
Hamilton Super Charger
180611.jpg

This Hamilton Super Charger is also listed on Plug Share along with 50+ Fast Chargers all over New Zealand.
Taupo is the next best location for a Fast or Super Charger.
Link below to the Tesla Key Party:
Tesla holds huge key party in Auckland
Hmmm... "key party" has a different meaning to people from the swinging 70's.

I was recently asked about Inventory/CPO cars on my website (www.teslainventory.com) for New Zealand and was sent the link to this thread. Currently there are none. However I have set up my website to show them when they become available. Just click the flag in the upper right hand corner and click the New Zealand flag in the drop down list.

Can't wait to plan my next trip to New Zealand and hopefully rent a Tesla while there!

Thanks Erik

Liz Dobson from the NZ Herald reports that: "Now on that name, I know that it gets that moniker due to the addition of a 100kWh battery and the D stands for dual batteries."

News to me.
Inside the new Tesla Model S P100D, and our letter to Elon...
Miggy - yes I saw that too and had a bit of a laugh. Not only is it sloppy journalism but I think i reflects the deep ignorance of EVs in New Zealand, even high-profile brands such as Tesla.

You know some people still think EVs are useless once you use 100% of the battery and can't be recharged? I confess that my mother even thought you had to install a DC fast charger in your home before you could buy an EV lol.

Miggy - yes I saw that too and had a bit of a laugh. Not only is it sloppy journalism but I think i reflects the deep ignorance of EVs in New Zealand, even high-profile brands such as Tesla.

You know some people still think EVs are useless once you use 100% of the battery and can't be recharged? I confess that my mother even thought you had to install a DC fast charger in your home before you could buy an EV lol.
Looks like they corrected it.