Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla officially coming to New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm, Westhaven Marina in Auckland would've seemed a more logical location!

Superchargers are based on logical locations. This is a destination charger. Destination chargers are usually given to the business for free by Tesla and then the business provides charging for free, but often only to its customers and not to the general public. So there's no logic with regard to the location of a destination charger other than it's the address of the place of business where it is offered to customers. A lot are located at hotels, resorts and malls in Canada.

Great country you have in NZ. My wife is from there and I've been there a lot. I'm looking forward to spending much more time there when I retire. So Tesla better hurry up and get there. I can't go back to driving an ICE so there needs to be Tesla rentals! It will sure be strange though with the screen on the left.

Last edited:
Untitled.png

Unfortunately I cannot attend that night :(

Reactions: mike_j
View attachment 213921

Unfortunately I cannot attend that night :(

Seems a bit odd that Model 3 reservation holders are not invited? Surely there's a risk that there will only be 20 people in a room + assorted media frenzy?

That said, if someone who is attending could post some pics and updates on 24 Feb that would be much appreciated. Very keen to learn where the Tesla Gallery will be located in Auckland!

Reactions: mike_j
Sent the RSVP to family....am not hugely hopeful those who attend will be seeing them there, however. And it doesn't appear Tesla can find it appropriate to follow up in Dunedin, Chch or Wellington...