Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'Tesla' on black factory license plate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I have uploaded one of the promo pictures from the Model Y launch and I was wondering if any knew where we could get a hold of one of the 'Tesla' license plates like is on the back of this Model Y?

Interestingly enough from my 13 years of DeLorean ownership (up until 2014), DMC also had a 'dealer' or factory promo plate that was a black background with white or silver lettering, which is really striking, and this Tesla plate on the Y is equally as neat. I actually have one of the silver/white on letters on black factory cards, and it's actually a card, you can see the ribs where it was taken from a larger sheet. It's the size of an actual license plate but is a type of plastic. Cool... and rare! It looks like the one I attached but of course, it wasn't metal and the letters are more yellow than white now 30 + years on.

If we can't buy them since they are probably exclusive to the factory, perhaps this is a project for my wife on her Cricut craft machine...

Anyway, have a good day!

Attachments

• tesla-model-y-rear-1500x999.jpg
    tesla-model-y-rear-1500x999.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 95
  • DMC on Black.jpg
    DMC on Black.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 58