TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

TESLA on CBC National News

Discussion in 'News' started by Zapped, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Zapped

Zapped Model S - PURE EV

I'm guessing lots of Canadians saw Tesla on the CBC National New tonight ( Nov 19th, 2013)
    That is if you watch CBC :cool:

Here's the link for anyone who might have missed it , or is interested.
    IMO more positive than negative reporting.

Really hot wheels - The National - CBC Player

2. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Yeah, it was more balanced than the headline or the introduction would suggest... but the mere fact that they're reporting on a car fire is bad for Tesla. The mere fact that they're reporting on it is a form of bias, in that ICE cars burn every hour of every day and almost never make it on the news.

3. Zapped

Zapped Model S - PURE EV

I'm no marketing expert but I've heard it said that "Good Publicity (or Bad ) is better than No Publicity".
    There are so many car ads on TV, and not having seen a single TESLA ad, it is amazing and encouraging of the number of people becoming aware of the Model S that would otherwise have not.

Awareness of the fire hazards in ICE vehicles has also come to light.
    People can make their own decision on the Model S.

4. Mayhemm

Mayhemm Model S P85+ "Lola"

Finally, a story on the Model S where they didn't mention its price! :tongue: