Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla on TV - ‘Earth: The Sequel’ on Discovery 11AM ET

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dpeilow

May 23, 2008
Winchester, UK
See the clean-energy future on television at Dan Kulpinski

Yes, ‘Earth: The Sequel’ has come to television. The one-hour program premiered March 11, but is being rebroadcast this Sunday, March 15 at 11AM (I believe that’s Eastern Time).

In addition, one segment features Tesla Motors — producers of the Tesla Roadster electric sportscar, which goes from 0 to 60 mph in 3.9 seconds — and another focuses on Google. There’s even a bit with Xcel Energy, which is testing its smart electricity grid in Boulder, Colo.

Anyone care to record it?

3357422263_372ce43578.jpg

3358302342_6d2b997516.jpg

3357489639_1674cb7dd2.jpg

According to the recent news from Forbes, there are many former billionaries running around now.

From all of the reports, I think Elon maxed out around $300 to $500 million. There is no telling what he is worth now. He mentioned during the town hall that he is very illiquid in his investments. So he likely has a bunch invested in SpaceX, SolarCity and Tesla Motors.

Frankly, I think all three of those companies will be long term winners for him. I suspect Elon will become a billionaire down the road.
And since they are private, he can assign whatever valuation he wants. There really is no market price to judge the value.

Donald Trump likes to claim that he is worth $5 billion or more.
Forbes was estimating around $2.5 billion before the real estate crash.
Some analysts speculated it was only $300 million because Trump doesn't own much and only licenses his name to projects.
Trump might have a negative net worth now.

When people are so illiquid in their assets (non-public companies), it is impossible to value them.