Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla on UK Channel 4 - Dispatches

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dpeilow

May 23, 2008
Winchester, UK
Was on at 19.10 GMT on the 26th.

www.channel4.com/news/dispatches

Jon Snow on an election themed road trip looking at the "New America".

He stops off in Silicon Valley and drives the Roadster (VP-13), questions Zak for a while and also looks at a new solar cell company (Stion Corp). Clearly we have another Tesla convert :smile:

This may be repeated on More4 if you are in the UK or can receive Astra 2 and is also available on their internet catch-up service. If the latter doesn't work for you, I have it saved.

Last edited:
Thanks, Dave. Unfortunately the catch-ups aren't available for those of us outside the UK.

Channel 4 - News - Dispatches - Jon Snow's American Journey
But despite a terrible economic crisis, Snow finds signs that the country may once again be able to re-invent itself, and goes in search of the new economy. In Silicon Valley he discovers a series of technological revolutions that might help to turn the country around. In an area of unrivalled invention, Snow road tests an eco-friendly battery car that can go from 0 to 60 in just under four seconds and visits a lab that is attempting to revolutionise solar power. He meets Vinod Khosla, the founder of Sun-Micro Systems, one of the country's top venture capitalists, who is now investing in green technology, not computers. Khosla believes America remains at the top of the world in its powers of innovation and entrepreneurship; the US will, he says, reinvent itself successfully again.

Yes, I also thought that looked a lot like the Top Gear track...

I shall edit out the relevant bits and Youtube them when I have a moment. But it was a pretty interesting documentary in general - if it turns up on BitTorrent or the like it is well worth a download.

Unfortunately I didn't get to the record button in time for the Breakfast News debate, but it may be on an unrestricted bit of iPlayer.

OK - here's the segment where he visits Tesla, talks to Vinod Khosla and visits Stion Corporation. I also tacked a bit of the summary dialogue on the end.

There is a high quality clip available, but it looks like you have to go to Youtube to watch it.

PM me if you want this or the whole show in high quality MPEG.

Last edited by a moderator: