Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla online route planner make strange routes?

Richmoba

Jul 24, 2018
Charlotte
Whats with Go Anywhere | Tesla wacky results?
why would this system recommend this route to get from OKC to CLT?

did a cross country trip and noticed this Lunacy several times when using Go Anywhere | Tesla

tesla.com-trips wacky results.JPG

Jimmologist

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Jun 28, 2021
Knoxville, TN
I wonder if it’s trying to avoid the I-40 bridge over the Mississippi even though there was a workable detour but now it has reopened.

animorph

Apr 1, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
It is kind of a long segment between Oklahoma City, OK and Van Buren, AR. That was the longest segment of our last road trip. Van Buren and Ozark, AR are fairly new Superchargers, so it is possible that Go Anywhere does not have the latest info. Those routes are "reasonable" if you can't use I40 due to a lack of Superchargers.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC