Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Online Shop slow to ship orders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Performance 3 and ordered the newly released 20” winter wheel and tire set. The order was confirmed on November 14, 2018. The Order Online Shop notes that items such as wheels may take longer to ship. But I emailed the Shop a few weeks later to see when they may ship. After emailing 5 times I finally received an email from the shop on November 30, saying they are shipping the order. But nobody at my Tesla Service center sees it coming. I am frustrated by the poor response service from the Online Shop. No capability to track shipments, which is commonplace nowadays. Still have no word on the wheels and tires as of December 9. The summer tires don’t appreciate the cold weather here in the Midwest. My error was not ordering earlier.

Has anybody had similar difficulties with wheel and tire orders?

Just curious as to how come you went with the 20" winter wheel option vs some 18-19" rims from somewhere like T Sportline and tires of your choice?

I ordered 300.00 worth of clothing on nov 11, 2018. I never heard a word, but they charged my credit card that day, but nothing after that. It’s been 40 days, I got nothing. I have emailed them 10 times and called service center, no help. What can I do? These are Xmas gifts!
That is weird, I've ordered from them a couple of times in the last month, both were shipped FedEx and I got the packages in just a couple of days from ordering. Maybe they are out of stock with what you ordered? I'm sorry I don't have any other advice on how to reach them if e-mails aren't successful..

Reactions: dhrivnak
In the past, all of my orders were shipped pretty quickly.

Earlier this month I placed an order and it was shipped right away. Unfortunately, it was the wrong color and the wrong item. I immediately emailed them and sent pictures but never heard back. Nearly a week later, I sent another email without pictures (just in case the pictures had caused the email to get blocked). I still haven't heard back. I placed another order for the same item since they haven't contacted me about the first order yet. Now I'm out nearly $550 and don't have the correct item which was going to be a Christmas gift. :(

"How Tesla Stole Christmas"

I’m 40 days past my online order, never got my merchandise. Does anyone have a way to get ahold of this department? I’m desperate. Emails don’t work

Sorry for your experience. I get it as I'm in the same boat. Ordered a coffee Thermos and hat on OCT 19'th. They were both in stock at the time. Nothing. I have since sent 2 emails asking them to cancel my order and refund my credit card. Nothing. No response and no refund. Over 2 months now.

I have ordered other items in the past. Anything actually CAR related seems to ship quickly, wall charger, lugnut locks, tire kit, sunshade, etc. Anything clothing/lifestyle related is terrible. IMO they should either staff for this or outsource to a reliable supplier.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Sorry for your experience. I get it as I'm in the same boat. Ordered a coffee Thermos and hat on OCT 19'th. They were both in stock at the time. Nothing. I have since sent 2 emails asking them to cancel my order and refund my credit card. Nothing. No response and no refund. Over 2 months now.

I have ordered other items in the past. Anything actually CAR related seems to ship quickly, wall charger, lugnut locks, tire kit, sunshade, etc. Anything clothing/lifestyle related is terrible. IMO they should either staff for this or outsource to a reliable supplier.
It is quite surprising that it is so poorly managed. If this were an eBay or online purchase, I wouldn't hesitate to contest the charge and get an immediate refund. It only takes a minute to reply to an email and they should have automated software processes in place to send notifications. I'd gladly help write some software if they need assistance!

My mom lives within a mile of their distribution center. I've mentioned she should try to get a job there to see if she could straighten things up!

Reactions: 03DSG
I ordered 300.00 worth of clothing on nov 11, 2018. I never heard a word, but they charged my credit card that day, but nothing after that. It’s been 40 days, I got nothing. I have emailed them 10 times and called service center, no help. What can I do? These are Xmas gifts!

They are out of stock on pretty much all apparel. I also ordered clothing items for Christmas gifts. They aren't coming, I can guarantee you that after speaking with them. They have no idea when they will be expecting stock, if ever again for some items.

They are out of stock on pretty much all apparel. I also ordered clothing items for Christmas gifts. They aren't coming, I can guarantee you that after speaking with them. They have no idea when they will be expecting stock, if ever again for some items.

So true and the crazy thing is they don’t even respond to requests for refunds. Not for returns but for unshipped items that were shown in stock when ordered and never shipped.

So true and the crazy thing is they don’t even respond to requests for refunds. Not for returns but for unshipped items that were shown in stock when ordered and never shipped.

Yeah, they happily billed me almost instantly though. I was given the option for a refund when I finally got to speak to someone but opted to wait until January.

How did you speak to them? I was told there no way to talk to that department. Thx

I had to navigate through sales channels starting through Model S inside sales. The rep I spoke to was helpful enough to reach out to Tesla Shop sales while I was on the line with him and relayed the discussion between myself and them.

Reactions: 03DSG

I was going to order a couple of sweatshirts, but now maybe I'll wait until next year. I hope you get the items you ordered soon and you get the actual items you ordered. Good Luck !

I ordered a charging plug adapter that was supposed to be delivered on Tuesday. Tuesday at 9pm, I got the "delivery rescheduled" notice for Thursday. Same thing happened and was supposed to recieve it Friday. Rinse and repeat for Monday. Starting to think it will arrive whenever it feels like it.

I mentioned this elsewhere but helps answer concerns here. Ordered my Model 3 fob on 11/18. 3-4 weeks to ship was posted on the site. Told it shipped 12/8 via FedEx and they scheduled to deliver on 12/11. Didn't arrive that day.

Emailed Tesla online store (at address on order acknowledgment) about it and received a prompt response. Said their records indicated it was picked up by FedEx on the 8th and if lost would replace on next shipment to them -- which had been delayed and they now were told several weeks out -- so sounds like they expect early January.

FedEx had no idea where my pkg went when I spoke to them on the 11th. Fortunately FedEx found my package (kind if a 6-inch cube box), tracking updated next day and rescheduled for 12/12. Received later that day.

How did you speak to them? I was told there no way to talk to that department. Thx

That’s what I was also told by a rep on the regular support toll free number. He said the only way to reach them was via email.

I ordered a Wall connector and got it two days after ordering. Then I ordered a lighting phone charging cable and heard nothing for weeks. Emails were ignored. There was no way to cancel the order. I finally gave up and asked my credit card company to reverse the charge. They did that and said they would notify the merchant. 12 hours later, I got a shipping notification from Tesla. Perhaps a coincidence. Don’t know.