Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Online Store - complete lack of communication

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn’t see anywhere else to post this.

Has anyone ever had any success with getting in touch with anyone from the online store? I ordered a sweatshirt as a Christmas gift 10 days ago. I’ve had no communication after the initial purchase email. I’ve sent three emails to the “customer service” email. They don’t respond. There are no phone numbers to call. It’s completely ridiculous. People wouldn’t put up with this from any other online vendor.

I’ve purchased other items from the store that have been shipped out in a day or two. Not this time. I understand things can get slowed down around the holidays but at least have a way for the customer to be in the loop. At this point I don’t even know if it’s going to make it for Christmas.

I had the same issue when I ordered mobile connector adapters and they’re sure charged me twice. I emailed them asking them to refund and never got an answer so I called Amex and they took care of it.

I wouldn’t expect them to respond.

Ordered quite a few items from the Tesla Online store in the past month or so, everything shipped pretty quick within a day or two.

However my most recent order placed 12/4 hasn't moved. I assume its the usual holiday delay, sent them an email earlier this morning but I don't have my hopes up.

No, I haven't had to visit a service center yet, but like I said my expectations were already pretty low. This seems different, its just a simple online ordering setup selling a few dozen items!
Anyway, I was finally able to use the chat feature by saying my concern was for different subject. The rep said "I have sent your information o our Online ordering team, including your order number and they will follow up with you by email."
We'll see.

No, I haven't had to visit a service center yet, but like I said my expectations were already pretty low. This seems different, its just a simple online ordering setup selling a few dozen items!
Anyway, I was finally able to use the chat feature by saying my concern was for different subject. The rep said "I have sent your information o our Online ordering team, including your order number and they will follow up with you by email."
We'll see.
Haha...I bet you’ll get zero response from the online ordering team.

The orders I placed were sent very quickly. I live in Boston and got my orders within 4-5 business days.

Just wait until you try to call their Parts department, even just to check if an accessory is in stock, at your local Service Center. Voicemail comes on automatically; you leave a message and absolutely no one gets back to you.

I ended up going to the SC in person. A service rep told me that the Parts dept is not meant to be Customer-facing; that's why they don't answer the phone!

• Funny
Reactions: Koolio46
Actually got a reply back from my first email inquiry from 12/10! Said they're working on it. Nice to actually hear a response, even if it is a week later, with no time estimate, nor any indication that the item wasn't in stock to begin with. Order looks like it still won't make it for Christmas.

Here is my most recent email to the online store …….

I have tried numerous times to get a response to my concerns about two online orders.
I am puzzled that my June 20 order for a charger connector has been ignored with the exception of one promise to send it but that promise did not produce an order.
On my second order I received the car mats but no garage door opener.
Is there a difficulty with the availability of these two items?
Is there a difficulty in responding to my requests to provide information about my questions?
My delivery for the vehicle is August 6-25. I wanted these items prior to delivery.
I have paid in full for both of these items.
I am frustrated with the lack of customer service.
Please provide information and please fill the orders.
Thanks.

The two items I am waiting to receive are big dollar items- the connector costs $500 C and the garage door opener is $400 C. I too would appreciate communication on the status. If they are back ordered I understand but please tell me! I feel like the tech talent is designing and building a fabulous car and the Muppets are working in the online department.