Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla online store says accessories not compatible?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to Tesla store put a bunch of Model 3 accessories in my cart. Signed in and it said accessories are not compatible to any of my cars. Pending delivery 2022 M3. Basic stuff like mud flaps/wheel locks/key fob for Model 3 should work on 2022? Thanks all.

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt
For what it's worth the Tesla shop website doesn't always get the compatibility messages right, I think they have some missing or incorrect compatibility data.

The website said the Model 3 All-Weather Rear Trunk Liner was not compatible with any of my cars. I have a 2021 M3P, purchased new a few months prior, VIN in their system, and the website did recognize other Model 3 accessories as compatible (i.e. no warning), such as the Model 3 Roof Rack.

I couldn't find any indication that the Model 3 trunk floor shape had changed over the years, so I went ahead and purchased the trunk liner. Sure enough it fits perfectly, there is no compatibility issue whatsoever.

YMMV! Do your research on compatibility. Also ask your local service center, who might even have some of the accessories you're looking for in stock. Even if not, they should be able to advise on compatibility.

Reactions: mvp2ny
Vin and vehicle already for delivery. I only have the account I placed the order. I was just wondering any difference 2021-2022 for their accessories.

I dont know if "vin assigned already for delivery" actually = "you have a car in your account" according to tesla. You have a "potential" car, but nothing has been delivered.

I dont know if thats how it works, but it makes sense to me that "car not delivered = no car = warning pop up".

• Love
Reactions: tm1v2 and lUtriaNt
This morning I ordered mud flaps on the website, after I signed in to pay it showed that they weren't compatible with any of my vehicles. The App however doesn't say this so I guess I'll see once I get them.

2022-02-28 15_16_26-Model 3 Mud Flaps.png