TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla online store sucks!

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by ocEVguy, Jun 12, 2019.

?

How do you rate the Tesla online store

1. Worse then a Chinese reseller on Ebay

24.4%
  2. Worse then the DMV

12.2%
  3. Ok

21.1%
  4. Good - they actually shipped your order and you received it on time

42.2%
  1. ocEVguy

ocEVguy Member

Does anybody know what the heck is the matter with the Tesla Online Store? I ordered a J1772 to Tesla converter back on 5/25 for $95 and Tesla took my money right away of course! Then I received a email on 5/27 saying my order has shipped but when I click on the FedEx tracking # , it just says a label was printed but nothing shipped!!! Its been over 2 weeks now and no updates and of course there is no Tesla Cust Svc Ph# to call and every time I email the store I never get a reply. Honestly, Why is Tesla so disorganized they should have the Car thing down by now!!! I'm sure they are losing $ millions of dollars in sales by just not having a decent online store for accessories and parts!

Feel free to post you Tesla store horror stories and other bad experiences!

• Informative x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  2. mgeneczko

mgeneczko Member

#2 mgeneczko, Jun 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    I ordered a 14-50 adapter and samething, Fed-ex notification next day and nothing yet. Been over 2 weeks. They suck.

• Informative x 1
  3. azred

azred Active Member

Tesla sells expensive cars to the wealthy and not a polo shirt to be found. I realize the Bay Area is chilly all year, but not everyone wears sweatshirts in July and many of us don’t have the youthful physiques to pull off a tee shirt.

Get a clue, Musk. You aren’t getting any younger either.

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  4. Bill Foster

Bill Foster I'm going home!

Ordered a 14-50 adaptor from them, it shipped 2 days later and I got it in a week!

• Informative x 1
  5. ZOMGVTEK

ZOMGVTEK Member

I ordered a bunch of stuff from the store at the same time. Some stuff shipped immediately and I got tracking for it. Some stuff took weeks to ship and they sent tracking for that as well. But a few things shipped at random intervals and I never got a notification or tracking.

Apparently its the wild west over there, but they do deliver eventually. And shipping is free.

• Informative x 1
  6. davewill

davewill Active Member

#6 davewill, Jun 12, 2019
    Yeah, it's crazy that you can't log in and pull up your order status. I ordered some floor mats and the Aero wheel kit, and I have no idea when I might get them.

• Like x 1
  7. Pommie

Pommie Member

I ordered the 14-50 Nema adapter, got an email confirming they shipped it with a tracking number. All that has happened is the label was printed. I emailed them and no response.

I also ordered the Aero Wheel Kit and it came within days.

• Informative x 1
  8. cbaaz

cbaaz Member

FYI

I ordered a usb lightning cable and 14-50 adapter on 6/7 (14-50 showed out of stock on 6/6).
    Lightning cable shipped on 6/9 and was delivered today 6/12.
    14-50 shipped today and has estimated delivery of 6/14.

9. qdeathstar

qdeathstar Active Member

#9 qdeathstar, Jun 12, 2019
    chinese resellers are quite good. The tesla store is like the lemonade stand two crack babies would have if their parents were using it to wash money they made from selling meth.

• Funny x 3
    • Love x 1
  10. electrifyme

electrifyme Member

I ordered the aero wheel cap kit.. it shipped and got delivered but never received it. FedEx stated shipping label didnt match my home address and told me to call the shipper.. we all know how that went. The only contact is their email address and no responses. They are forcing me to open a dispute with my credit card company. Smh.

• Informative x 1
    • Funny x 1
  11. Crgkart

Crgkart Member

I ordered the aero wheel cap kit on May 22, tracking label was created on June 8 and Fedex showed package left on June 11, ETA June 13 end of day.

• Informative x 1
  12. P99GUY

P99GUY Member

I emailed them about the inability to order a product due to issues with their website/server.

Their 24/48 hour response window only took them 6 days to respond.

Even then they told me to just try again........

• Informative x 1
  13. raviman8

raviman8 Member

I am in the same boat as you... I purchased a..
    • NEMA 14-50 Adapter
    • Lugnut covers
    • Automatic Garage Opener
    • USB-C cables
    All around mid-May...

Last Sunday June 2, I finally got an email stating my NEMA 14-50 has been shipped. Tracking # available within 24-48 hours. After 5 days I contacted my local Tesla service center, they mentioned to email the Online Ordering team, so I did. After 3 (business days) sending that email, no reply (did get an automated reply though). Created a chat session and the rep told me Online Ordering team typically replies back within 2 business days. It has now been 5 days since that email, and approach 2 weeks since it was "shipped", and almost a month since it was ordered.

Don't have the slight clue about the other 3 items. But you are right, they did take my money quickly, no problem... Very frustrating, as I have been charging at home over a standard outlet at 9KM/hour....

• Informative x 1
  14. Kleenerth3

Kleenerth3 Member

Hey Elon! You're on-line store sucks. It took me less than an hour to buy my upcoming blue LR AWD M3 and the rest of the freaking day to secure a wall connector. No supply in our local store or I would have gone there. Dude you have to speak with your suppliers and- BTW-
    Reputable companies don't charge your account until the merch is pulled and packed. Your cars kick ass and we're falling over ourselves to secure one. Why can't your online store meet those same standards?

• Like x 2
  15. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

#15 SMAlset, Jun 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    I’ve ordered a few things from online. The tracking thru FedEx is bad. They picked up my order but didn’t scan it when picked up. I called FedEx and they couldn’t tell me anything so called Tesla again btw I think the phone number was on my order email from them, but not certain. Tesla said they’d ship another out to me. Anyway tracking finally got scanned (confirmed picked up when Tesla said it was) and FedEx took my package from Fremont and shipped it east of the ranges there then rerouted back to bay area and finally to me. I’m not a fan of Fed-Ex. What’s the point of tracking if you don’t scan the package at pickup and along the route. USPS is another carrier I have this issue with. Sometimes don’t get tracking until it’s out for delivery.

Don’t recall problems with my other orders. Bought Model 3 fob, front sunshade, a leather fob keyring for our Model S (no longer sell) and can’t recall what else. Have a Boring Company cap which probably gets shipped from the same place.

• Informative x 1
  16. kengchang

kengchang Active Member

Only item that I am still waiting for is the wireless charger. All the previous orders were shipped with in 3-5 days

• Informative x 1
  17. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Supporting Member

Similar here. I've had delays and bad experiences with the store in the past, but in the last several weeks I've ordered:

2 HPWC
    X winter mat
    X phone dock
    Paint repair kit
    14-50 adapter
    5-20 adapter

All shipped within a few days, with proper tracking info.

• Informative x 1
  18. Big Dog

Big Dog Active Member

I've ordered a handful of things (trunk and frunk liners, touch up paint, sun screen, fob) in the past year, and they've all arrived as promised.

• Informative x 1
  19. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Haven't ordered anything lately, but in the past year, I ordered a cap, phone charging cable, license plate frame, 10-30 adapter, and cable organizer. With the exception of the cable organizer, everything arrived within a day or two. The organizer was backordered, but arrived in about a week (sooner than indicated).

• Informative x 1
  20. 233.3

233.3 Member

I bought a Tesla OEM J1772 to Tesla converter on Ebay. Got it in a couple of days. It works perfectly and no waiting.