Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tesla online used price discounting

Nobody Famous

Feb 10, 2021
Wollongong
I have been making a welcome observation of Tesla automatically discounting Used Inventory. It seems every other day a significant amount drops off the price.

I've saved a specific example (Model 3 LR Performance) to the Wayback Machine for historical record of asking price.

1st archive

$88,275* (7/8/2021)​

Current Price

$83,475* (20/8/2021)​

so $4,800 discount in 2 weeks​

Would be curious if the price bottoms out or continues until sold. If you notice a further price drop, please add it to the Wayback Machine. Never know it might get below the NSW Stamp Duty threshold.

So the moral of the story may be if you don't like the price, come back tomorrow.

Last edited:

paulp

Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide, Australia
I have been making a welcome observation of Tesla automatically discounting Used Inventory. It seems every other day a significant amount drops off the price.

I've saved a specific example (Model 3 LR Performance) to the Wayback Machine for historical record of asking price.

1st archive

$88,275* (7/8/2021)​

Current Price

$83,475* (20/8/2021)​

Would be curious if the price bottoms out or continues until sold. If you notice a further price drop, please add it to the Wayback Machine. Never know it might get below the NSW Stamp Duty threshold.

So the moral of the story may be if you don't like the price, come back tomorrow.
It might be sold tomorrow. Thats the point of reducing prices.

glide

Jun 6, 2018
USA

1st archive

$88,275* (7/8/2021)​

Current Price

$83,475* (20/8/2021)​

Until it goes back up. Which they also do.

Don’t be surprised to see a $5K price increase at some point. That’s how Tesla used sales work. They drop the price to a certain level than raise it back up then drop it again. This cycle continues until the vehicle is sold.

Reactions: moa999

Lerxt

Feb 21, 2014
Australia
I’ve been looking for a used MS or X and nothing is coming up on the Tesla website. Finding to hard to believe they have nothing available second hand.

meloccom

Moderator Aus/NZ
Supporting Member
Feb 11, 2008
Sydney Australia
I’ve been looking for a used MS or X and nothing is coming up on the Tesla website. Finding to hard to believe they have nothing available second hand.
From what I understand, the last Model S and X were delivered early this year and if you order a new one the current estimated delivery date is “Late 2022”. So I’m not surprised that Tesla have run out of new and used stock.

Reactions: moa999

Nobody Famous

Feb 10, 2021
Wollongong
nothing available second hand
It comes and goes. There hasn't been much in the way of Model X that I've noticed. There have been a bunch of Model S including 2 pre face-list P90D. They both sold last week. Given they were priced so much under the Private Used prices on Car Sales it's not surprising.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC