Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tesla online used price discounting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been making a welcome observation of Tesla automatically discounting Used Inventory. It seems every other day a significant amount drops off the price.

I've saved a specific example (Model 3 LR Performance) to the Wayback Machine for historical record of asking price.

1st archive

$88,275* (7/8/2021)​

Current Price

$83,475* (20/8/2021)​

so $4,800 discount in 2 weeks​

Would be curious if the price bottoms out or continues until sold. If you notice a further price drop, please add it to the Wayback Machine. Never know it might get below the NSW Stamp Duty threshold.

So the moral of the story may be if you don't like the price, come back tomorrow.

Last edited:
I have been making a welcome observation of Tesla automatically discounting Used Inventory. It seems every other day a significant amount drops off the price.

I've saved a specific example (Model 3 LR Performance) to the Wayback Machine for historical record of asking price.

1st archive

$88,275* (7/8/2021)​

Current Price

$83,475* (20/8/2021)​

Would be curious if the price bottoms out or continues until sold. If you notice a further price drop, please add it to the Wayback Machine. Never know it might get below the NSW Stamp Duty threshold.

So the moral of the story may be if you don't like the price, come back tomorrow.
It might be sold tomorrow. Thats the point of reducing prices.

1st archive

$88,275* (7/8/2021)​

Current Price

$83,475* (20/8/2021)​

Until it goes back up. Which they also do.

Don’t be surprised to see a $5K price increase at some point. That’s how Tesla used sales work. They drop the price to a certain level than raise it back up then drop it again. This cycle continues until the vehicle is sold.

Reactions: moa999
I’ve been looking for a used MS or X and nothing is coming up on the Tesla website. Finding to hard to believe they have nothing available second hand.
From what I understand, the last Model S and X were delivered early this year and if you order a new one the current estimated delivery date is “Late 2022”. So I’m not surprised that Tesla have run out of new and used stock.

Reactions: moa999