Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla open up the SuC network [in UK]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At a very busy Tebay services this afternoon when a VW id3 backed into the next bay, connected to the next but one charger and tried to charge. I explained that Tebay wasn't part of the trial opening to which I got the reply 'but I've got the Tesla app'. Genuine puzzlement ensued...
Luckily we were able to direct the driver to the nearby Gridserve chargers.
I do blame Tesla for this. Still no signage.

Reactions: DougMa
These two were charging with no problems at Rivabellosa Spain on Monday. I arrived there with 21% charge left after charging to 100% at Exeter, I was a little concerned because of the high elevation climb. No problem in the end. Exeter\Plymouth\Santander\Rivabellosa.
unnamed.jpg
unnamed2.jpg

The two hotels I used both charged 10 euro on top of the secure underground parking fee for destination charging which I thought very reasonable.

Reactions: Neilio and browellm
These two were charging with no problems at Rivabellosa Spain on Monday. I arrived there with 21% charge left after charging to 100% at Exeter, I was a little concerned because of the high elevation climb. No problem in the end. Exeter\Plymouth\Santander\Rivabellosa.View attachment 831403View attachment 831404

The two hotels I used both charged 10 euro on top of the secure underground parking fee for destination charging which I thought very reasonable.

The Polestar has the charge port in the same place as Tesla so no issues there ... whereas the Cupra is blocking one stall and using another ... fine if nobody needs the charging stall.

This is going to be a nightmare at South Mims and Brent (the only superchargers anywhere close to where I live). I can't recall ever not having to wait for a free charger at South Mims (and the non-Tesla chargers always seem to be out of order) and Brent Cross only has 2 chargers - so once this opens up to everyone we are going to see some long lines forming.
Hopefully Tesla will use all the additional income from Non Teslas to install more super chargers?

This is going to be a nightmare at South Mims and Brent (the only superchargers anywhere close to where I live). I can't recall ever not having to wait for a free charger at South Mims (and the non-Tesla chargers always seem to be out of order) and Brent Cross only has 2 chargers - so once this opens up to everyone we are going to see some long lines forming.
Hopefully Tesla will use all the additional income from Non Teslas to install more super chargers?
South Mimms has not opened up to non Tesla yet, unless I've missed something?

(yes very congested/busy site)

Hasn’t honestly really been a nightmare on the public SuCs I’ve used. Pretty tame on the whole.

It’s only roughly one in five sites at the moment and they are on a slow burn adding new sites.

It’s also rare to find a quiet SuC site near a very busy non-Tesla site. So I think a lot of overspill fears are not coming to bear. Besides which the price for third party charging is towards the upper end of the scale. So there’s no huge incentive.

The huge surge I noticed was when 3’s first came on the scene. But of course that would be an unpopular sentiment with nine out of ten folks here 😅

The huge surge I noticed was when 3’s first came on the scene. But of course that would be an unpopular sentiment with nine out of ten folks here 😅
I'll bite!
I agree that it must have been a huge shock when the flood of Model 3s started pitching up at the SuCs in the UK back in the summer of 2019. At that time the SuCs were dominated by Model Ss sitting blocking the stalls as they charged to 100%, because it was free!
Your turn! ;)

I'll bite!
I agree that it must have been a huge shock when the flood of Model 3s started pitching up at the SuCs in the UK back in the summer of 2019. At that time the SuCs were dominated by Model Ss sitting blocking the stalls as they charged to 100%, because it was free!
Your turn! ;)
Still free* here. 😅 but I generally only go to 85 or 90% if I need it. Otherwise splash and dash.

(*no such thing as ‘free’ as we all know).

Anyhow. Where is this Supercharging “nightmare”? It been widely forecast on this thread, but the evidence doesn’t appear to be there.

Reactions: Medved_77
I think the nightmare now stems from being able to rock to a charger that's free to now having to wait 5 to 10 minutes ;-)

We all remember yester-year

In 3.5 years the "nightmare" of blocked Superchargers has consisted of arriving at a full Supercharger just as someone else left ... on two occasions. I haven't actually queued or waited as such. I don't use Superchargers frequently but when I do I use the very popular (reputedly "nightmare") Tebay ... and haven't waited yet. I fully expect it to happen but it hasn't been an issue for me to date.

Reactions: init6
In 3.5 years the "nightmare" of blocked Superchargers has consisted of arriving at a full Supercharger just as someone else left ... on two occasions. I haven't actually queued or waited as such. I don't use Superchargers frequently but when I do I use the very popular (reputedly "nightmare") Tebay ... and haven't waited yet. I fully expect it to happen but it hasn't been an issue for me to date.
I agree! With the 'nightmare' Superchargers it doesn't help that they are typically V2's - Scotch corner - urgh! and Woodall southbound are two I try to avoid if I can!! If i'm looking to charge i'll look for a larger amount of chargers which tend to be V3 (Ferrybridge for example is rarely below 5 free stalls when I drive past)vbut sods law i'll need a charge PDQ and the closest will be a 2 bay V2 with someone already on it - thanks Barnsley!

I agree! With the 'nightmare' Superchargers it doesn't help that they are typically V2's - Scotch corner - urgh! and Woodall southbound are two I try to avoid if I can!! If i'm looking to charge i'll look for a larger amount of chargers which tend to be V3 (Ferrybridge for example is rarely below 5 free stalls when I drive past)vbut sods law i'll need a charge PDQ and the closest will be a 2 bay V2 with someone already on it - thanks Barnsley!
heh, for me it was:
I was going back from north east and planned a charge in ferrybridge (woodall was showing like 15 min wait).. 5 minutes later it was showing that Ferrybridge was malfunctioning/not available at all... so missed opportunity to use it for the first time :D