Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla open up the SuC network [in UK]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla’s SuC network is worth more to it as a brand differentiator than it is whatever they’d get in usage charges.

There will be people for whom the network was swung them towards a Tesla over another car, even when that other car is “better” in every other respect.

I can imagine, for example, a lot of Model S owners who would pull the trigger on a Taycan instead if they could use the supercharger network. Likewise there would be people who would’ve bought a Model 3 competitor if they could use superchargers.

It was this and delivery times that swung my decision to be fair. I’d probably have gone for the EV6, i4 or even Mustang MachE if any could have delivered before April & had access to the SC network.

It was this and delivery times that swung my decision to be fair. I’d probably have gone for the EV6, i4 or even Mustang MachE if any could have delivered before April & had access to the SC network.
To be fair EV6, IONIQ5, MachE, or Polestar 2 not only longer delivery times, but also price, when adding all bits and bobs, becomes the same or even higher than model 3.

Obviously network is another thing

Reactions: Campi
Tonight at Grays, UK (Thurrock)

864E99B1-E98E-4495-A60A-D53959D9A78D.jpg

To be fair EV6, IONIQ5, MachE, or Polestar 2 not only longer delivery times, but also price, when adding all bits and bobs, becomes the same or even higher than model 3.

Obviously network is another thing
Fair points, I’m in a different boat to most though. Mine is on a business lease so cost per month is more an issue than overall purchase price. It really was SC network & times for me.

Fair points, I’m in a different boat to most though. Mine is on a business lease so cost per month is more an issue than overall purchase price. It really was SC network & times for me.
Cost per month was the biggest Factor for me as I take cash instead of company car.
I am doing quite a number of miles and any PCO or lease became a no go for me, as monthly cost become too high after certain point.

Reactions: Xdama
Only a question of time. It will be interesting to know what pricing structure they will go for - ie memberships etc. As an owner of another EV and having ordered a Tesla, being able to use superchargers when needed with my other EV would be great.
Memberships in Norway and price is almost as tesla (Bjorn's video) as I understand.

Otherwise should be (must be) more expensive

Tonight at Grays, UK (Thurrock)

View attachment 762676

Looks like the car has a front charge port and is using the supercharger closer to the camera.

Ie in this case it’s affective my using 2 superchargers - one bay to charge and one supercharger that is no longer available to another Tesla.

In this case, the problem is avoidable. I hope that some effort is made to educate users on how to connect their cars whilst causing minimal loss of charge facilities at the site.

Cost per month was the biggest Factor for me as I take cash instead of company car.
I am doing quite a number of miles and any PCO or lease became a no go for me, as monthly cost become too high after certain point.
Wouldn't it be a lot cheaper to get an EV through company vs taking cash, paying lots of tax etc before buying the car? Low BiK makes company car ownership of EVs very appealing.