Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla open up the SuC network [in UK]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
wife found this
D6FC34E9-29C7-4D32-8057-EE071EF45BFB.png
F0BDC377-C07E-4B4A-82AC-8E52439B4BB5.png

Reactions: Neilio
I feel a good compromise would have been for the extra price a non-subscribed user pays to go towards subsidising the price the Tesla users pay at those SuCs (so they pay a slightly cheaper price).

Instead I'm assuming Tesla are gobbling up that extra profit while making the service worse for Tesla users? (Potentially more likely to have to wait for a charge).

Reactions: CMc1
I feel a good compromise would have been for the extra price a non-subscribed user pays to go towards subsidising the price the Tesla users pay at those SuCs (so they pay a slightly cheaper price).

Instead I'm assuming Tesla are gobbling up that extra profit while making the service worse for Tesla users? (Potentially more likely to have to wait for a charge).
Agreed. Would have expected 3 tiers.
Lowest price for Teslas.
Few p higher for 3rd party with membership
Full price for 3rd party non members

Would play better with their core customer base and still be competitive vs other charging stations. With Ionity at 69p they could and still be competitive….

From what they have publicly said, this additional revenue will speed up the deployment of new supercharger stations, in theory making the experience better for everyone.

We shall see.

Reactions: btc1k
Hmm. Opening 3 out of 4 in Wales doesn't seem like such a great idea...
They probably don't get that much use most of the time so average utilisation wise it probably seems like a good idea from a Tesla point of view . First Saturday of the school summer holidays though the average Tesla driver visiting Wales may well have reason to disagree......

Reactions: gangzoom
First Saturday of the school summer holidays though the average Tesla driver visiting Wales may well have reason to disagree......

We drive to Cardiff all the time, am not sure how many people have ever visited South Wales for a school summer holiday.....even we have never been more west of Bridgend :).

The key here is ofcouse the route south/north down the M5. You would hope Tesla can now get some kind of 'priority' to open/install more SC sites past Bristol. Imagine x12 SC sites at every other service station from Bristol down to Turo!!.....That is where we NEED to end up if the government is serious about EV mads adoption.

Reactions: Wol747
From what they have publicly said, this additional revenue will speed up the deployment of new supercharger stations, in theory making the experience better for everyone.

We shall see.

Tesla doesn't need revenue, a single tweet from Elon generate more financial turbulence than most small countries GDP.

What Tesla needs is government support to get grid access where there are blockers in the way. Boris has plenty of mates every where, if one of them gets to charge their iPace at a Tesla SC site that's a massive 'win' for Tesla at the highest level of influence.

Looking at the ‘Charge your non-Tesla’ section of the app- news might not be out yet because there doesn’t seem to much of a rush on to try it.

Interestingly to see availability on the normal app you only see the nearest few (unless your in the car). Non- Tesla section of the App you get to see the whole of the UK availablity. I’m crying foul.

We drive to Cardiff all the time, am not sure how many people have ever visited South Wales for a school summer holiday.....even we have never been more west of Bridgend :).
You should try it… progressively more beautiful past Port Talbot (which is, to be fair, extremely unpicturesque).
After the Swansea Gridserve it’s a rapid desert and the southwestern and western coast is rammed in the holidays as @Jason71 says. Given that M3s are now more common than hydrogen molecules it’s gonna be carnage