Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla open up the SuC network [in UK]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not sure 1 data point is enough to conclude that Honda e and Tesla Superchargers are incompatible. It is more than likely just co-incidence.
I'm hoping that is the case. I used a V3 SuC, another Honda e owner used a V2 SuC and that defaulted to the red light of doom immediately without commencing the charge, and that didn't break the CCS charging function in their particular case. Only time will tell I suppose.

I was recently forwarded this:

• Informative
Reactions: Sean.
That video was interesting. Clearly a strange interface issue with your type of car.

I note that InsideEVs reports your Honda E is only capable of up to 50kW charging anyway, and normally charges at between 35kW-23kW from 20% to 80% and that that will take about 35 mins. Being double the normal Tesla time you will be popular!

I'm hoping that is the case. I used a V3 SuC, another Honda e owner used a V2 SuC and that defaulted to the red light of doom immediately without commencing the charge, and that didn't break the CCS charging function in their particular case. Only time will tell I suppose.

I was recently forwarded this:

I think the car died of boredom waiting for him to stop doing pirouettes in the car park and plug in. Man, that's a good demonstration of how to make a 15 minute video with five minutes of content.

Seriously though, it looks like either a handshake problem or the Honda can't handle the way the SuC delivers power for some reason - I wonder if this is the reverse of the problem Tesla had a couple of years ago when a firmware update stopped people from being able to use 3rd party CCS chargers.

Reactions: Durzel and Wol747
Are there still issues around no Tesla's taking up two bays across the country?

Saw an EQC park up using two bays and walked off in Cardiff last week, at a surprisingly busy time when there was a M3 and MY waiting.

Are there rules in place that can prevent this (esp if a queue). If not, should there be?

Fear something needs to be done before it turns into the wild west out there and fisty cuffs arise.

Saw an EQC park up using two bays and walked off in Cardiff last week, at a surprisingly busy time when there was a M3 and MY waiting.

Are there rules in place that can prevent this (esp if a queue). If not, should there be?

Fear something needs to be done before it turns into the wild west out there and fisty cuffs arise.
How did that happen exactly? How did the EQC wait for two spaces to be free next to each other if there was a queue of cars?

There are not rules in place and I don’t think there should be. If it’s busy so the EQC let’s two Tesla go in front, they then have to wait for two adjacent bays to become available whihc May take ages.

Yes it’s frustrating but Tesla has opened the sites and people need charge. You can’t expect someone to not charge if they need it

Reactions: Undecided_2
I was at Tebay on Monday and there was an Audi charging. It looked like he was having trouble. It was very busy. I didn’t wait long and pulled off again when I got the message I had enough charge to continue which I think most Tesla drivers were doing. We do Helensburgh to Midhurst regularly but as it’s a long drive I’m really not bothered about it taking an extra time during busy periods. We should be taking breaks regularly anyway.

However, I can see people getting miffed if one car is taking up two bays or their car can’t charge quickly, and they need to get somewhere (business meeting/school run or something). It’s sad that manufacturers can’t unite on a standard plug and position design. But then Apple and Android and a dozen others can’t standardise their cables either.

Perhaps Tesla should stop cars that can drink in 150-250 Kw juice.